Your tarantula enclosures...

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey i plan on giving my 3.5" tarantula's enclosure a make over, hahaha. and i was woundering if anyone can post pictures of thiers so ican get some ideas. Thanks. It's a Rosehair just in case you want to know the species. thanks!
Mike:}

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, this will take a few posts, but here are some of mine. I tend to go pretty minimalistic for the most part. No plants, etc.. not fancy, but no complaints from the spiders yet.

First, here's my rosey (5 inches or so). She's mean and burrows.

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Next, here's how I'm keeping my juvie terrestrials.. I guess you're supposed to put the substrate higher up, but I don't really plump my folks out, so it's not too big a deal to me. Never had any of em fall that I've seen.

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Here's the smithi (my first T that I bought a huge cage for) that I'm moving into a smaller cage more than likely. (that cave has to go..)

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Here's some of my juvenile arboreal enclosures, and my single sling in it's vial. When it gets around the 2" mark, I'll move it into one like the other terrestrials.

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
This is another juvenile terrestrial, My C. fasciatum. This is basically what I figure the C. cyaneopubescens' tank will look like when he gets this size.

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
These are my pokes.. the big one's bark came unglued, but by the time I found out, he'd burrowed underneath of it, so I left it alone. Laziness, or not wanting to disturb a happy spider.. you pick :)
The little one is a beanie baby case that I cut and glued to death when I was paranoid about the evil pokey inside biting me.

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
And lastly, here's the two I put together yesterday for the pinktoe juves. Like the others, small, efficient, and not too dressed up. I like seeing them with fake plants, etc.. but I figure if the spider doesn't care.. neither do I :)

Bill

Attachments

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is one of mine

It is for a G rosea that sits in my living room.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice set up's Thanks Bill and James! Bill, how did you get the log chunk on the side of your pinktoes home? Hot glue?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Ok...here you go...if you want to do silk flowers...works well with arboreals
Here's a P regalis

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Or you can do something strange. Here is one of my GBB females. I think she's not terribly impressed with her container decorations!

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
My C crayshawi is in a plastic pickle jar, no decorations, just lots of substrate!

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Here's a small A braunshauseni setup in a spice jar. I get them at Bi Mart for about $3 apiece

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here's my P fasciata....I pay about $3 for these containers as well, at Fred Meyer. These are a GREAT deal!

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
last one...another of the same size container for an A versicolor. I buy loads of corkbark at reptile shows, and plastic and silk plants at the Dollar Store. For my arboreals, I just use vermiculite mostly. Although the P regalis loves to burrow, so he has peat moss instead

Last edited:

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by invadermike
Very nice set up's Thanks Bill and James! Bill, how did you get the log chunk on the side of your pinktoes home? Hot glue?
Yep.. but a word of caution, and a lesson learned.. Wash, and dry the tank AND the bark before attempting to glue.. I had my P. regalis with a very liberal amount of glue holding up the bark, and it fell down.. I noticed dust on the glue still attatched to the bark, affixed to the glue. since then, I've gotten better about it.

Bill

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Hey Holley -

I love the look of your enclosures, simple, but with a woman's touch ;) One thing though.. for the webbing arboreals, do the screw lids really screw up the web when you open em? Or do you use the "pour lid" for feeding and such?

Bill

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks Bill!
good question, so far, no problem. In fact, the versicolor actually made her web hammock IN the lid LOL...here's a pic of her toes sticking out. The lid has a channel down the middle of it, apparently she thought it was perfect. That is why there is not alot of webbing in the container

Last edited: