Your slowest grower?

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
Was just going through my moult records and realised I've had my Avicularia sp "blue velvet" sling for just over 14 months. In that time it's moulted 4 times and hasn't gained much size and is still yet to show adult colouration! Slowest of all the tarantulas I own (13 at the moment). What tarantula species is the slowest grower in your collection? :)

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Euathlus sp. red

1/4 of an inch in January, and just reached 1/2 an inch with a recent molt.

Timc

Arachnosquire
Y. diversipes. This thing has only molted twice in a year of having it. She is being out paced by G. pulchripes and a couple brachypelma!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
P muticus. 3.5" in just under 4 years. Recieved at 1".
One of the most entertaining slings I've ever raised though.:)

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
B smithi. I have two that are growing very slowly. I had around a dozen tiny slings in small containersat one point. All but my two b smithis have been rehoused in bigger enclosures.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
P.muticus and Homoeomma sp. Red. The last one molted two months or so ago, grew 0.01millimeters, but was sporting adult coloration. Has a DLS of 2 cm. I love it though, little playful thing.
The P.muticus is....alive. That's it. Bought it as 1,5cm body, about ~5 cm dls. Food disappears, and she's busy enough when I'm not looking, but I never see her. :D

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I'm surprised at how slow my P.sazamai have been growing.. They have only put on about a half an inch in maybe 4-5 months.

There appetites have improved since there last molts so I suspect that will change soon.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I'm surprised at how slow my P.sazamai have been growing.. They have only put on about a half an inch in maybe 4-5 months.

There appetites have improved since there last molts so I suspect that will change soon.
:banghead:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
6 months ago I would have said my B albiceps but it's moulted since and actually grown.

The award for the slowest growing species goes to Eupalaestrus wiejenberghi I got it around 2 years ago as a 1cm, it's now 3/4" and is coming up to almost a year since it's last moult the thing is though it's still eating like a pig so it's not even in premoult either.

sasker

Arachnoprince
My juvi male G. pulchra. I bought this one as a 0.5" sling 1.5 years ago together with my female B. hamorii, which I received as a freebie. My B. hamorii was tiny but it quickly caught up with my G. pulchra and is now a subadult and least twice as big as my G. pulchra.

Tulip28

Arachnopeon
My E. sp red is definitely the slowest.

It was 1/4" in January. I think it may have molted once but it didn't appear to get much bigger. It is maybe 3/8" and that's being generous haha.