Your shipping tips

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It makes it nice because it cant leak if it thaws out even if the baggie gets a hole and its virtually select a size
I hadn't thought of using the acrylamide for this purpose. So you just freeze it solid? Any idea how long it lasts and under what conditions...

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I hadn't thought of using the acrylamide for this purpose. So you just freeze it solid? Any idea how long it lasts and under what conditions...
So far it works for overnight, still playing with the needed volume/pkg size/ambient shipping temps.
I'm gonna put a "blue Ice" and one the same volume made of water crystals in an insulated box set in the sun to see which keeps the inside coolest for longer. I suspect that equal mass will be similar though.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So far it works for overnight, still playing with the needed volume/pkg size/ambient shipping temps.
I'm gonna put a "blue Ice" and one the same volume made of water crystals in an insulated box set in the sun to see which keeps the inside coolest for longer. I suspect that equal mass will be similar though.
Keep me posted, this would be interesting to know. Not only would the receiver have a cool pack to re-use, alternatively they could use the crystals to water their crickets.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Didn't want to make a whole thread on this, and I thought it'd be helpful for people searching around the threads for an answer. Anyways, I'm shipping my 3.5" MM c Marshalli tomorrow and I'm not sure on what to ship it in. I've got 2 choices: a 32 oz and what I think is a 16oz deli cup. Which one would be better for it from your experience? Also, it won't eat anything which I've heard is typical Ceratogyrus MM behavior, but it has drunk some water, do you think it'll be fine for 2 day shipping?

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Didn't want to make a whole thread on this, and I thought it'd be helpful for people searching around the threads for an answer. Anyways, I'm shipping my 3.5" MM c Marshalli tomorrow and I'm not sure on what to ship it in. I've got 2 choices: a 32 oz and what I think is a 16oz deli cup. Which one would be better for it from your experience? Also, it won't eat anything which I've heard is typical Ceratogyrus MM behavior, but it has drunk some water, do you think it'll be fine for 2 day shipping?
Should be fine if the heat isn't bad during shipping. Go with 16 oz, it's easier to provide a "tight" fitting home so they feel more secure IMO, uses less supplies, and can ship in smaller box too.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's my tip. Don't ever pack TWO tarantulas into one big vial. Even if they have a divider. And if you throw in a "freebie" pack it like it's worth something too. Don't just put it in the box with no protection from bouncing around in the vial.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Here's my tip. Don't ever pack TWO tarantulas into one big vial. Even if they have a divider. And if you throw in a "freebie" pack it like it's worth something too. Don't just put it in the box with no protection from
bouncing around in the vial.
Is that how your H.macs came?:wideyed:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that how your H.macs came?:wideyed:
That's how the C. darlingi came. The H. mac came both packed in the same vial. Safely, and divided. Yes. But still not how I would have ever packed anything, ever.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
That's how the C. darlingi came. The H. mac came both packed in the same vial. Safely, and divided. Yes. But still not how I would have ever packed anything, ever.
That is absolutely insane. I can't even fathom how someone could have the experience and presence of mind to pack Ts for shipping, and yet still be stupid enough to put two of them in the same container. Seriously, WTH??

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Here's my tip. Don't ever pack TWO tarantulas into one big vial. Even if they have a divider. And if you throw in a "freebie" pack it like it's worth something too. Don't just put it in the box with no protection from bouncing around in the vial.
Who in the world did you order from? That is just blatant disrespect for the lives of the spiders.

By the way, that was a rhetorical question, don't discuss the seller. But I do hope you left a scathing review.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is absolutely insane. I can't even fathom how someone could have the experience and presence of mind to pack Ts for shipping, and yet still be stupid enough to put two of them in the same container. Seriously, WTH??
To be honest, I never expected it. I've seen Ts shipped together in the past. Like, communal tolerant slings. They were all in a huge container. That's one thing. The problem I have really, it's not the double packing. Okay, it's not the best shipping method. I get it. But they are here safe and sound. And were in fact well packed. So they were safe. But, the freebie. It had tissue packed at the bottom. Half the tube up top had nothing. The sling could have been killed. That's the careless problem.

Who in the world did you order from? That is just blatant disrespect for the lives of the spiders.

By the way, that was a rhetorical question, don't discuss the seller. But I do hope you left a scathing review.
I wouldn't discuss the seller. I will leave a review when I lay down for the night.

WOW! That's ridiculous...
It is ridiculous. But the main issue was the darlingi. I tried getting it to move when I unpacked it. It wouldn't. I thought it was dead. I had to push the tissue from bottom side with a middle to get it out. When I got it out. It had finally showed some life. It's doing good for now. Heavy premolt. So we will see how things turn out.