Your not gonna believe this!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Myself and @DreamHaze Picked up 7 P.regalis slings today from a local friend..

Notice anything off about this pic? No?
20170429_122632.jpg

What about now?
20170429_121200.jpg
Well if you still haven't seen it this should clear things up.
20170429_122542.jpg

Yuup! One hitched a ride:rofl:... There is a pokie in the container and one on it :)!

I checked all the other containers to make sure that one of the lids didn't pop open a little and this one just happened to escape..
Nope this wild little one didn't want to leave his little brother or sister and hitched a ride for a total of about 25 miles :astonished:.. Now that's love :angelic:...

I never name my Ts but this little one is going to get a name that reflects her antics.. I'm open to suggestions!

Last edited:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Bono and Jim Morrison are both well-known hitchhikers. Not sure if it's a male, though. "Hitch" might work too.

Last edited:

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
You should name the one IN the container Hank, referencing the song "The Ride" by David Allan Coe. And, i suppose, the rider could be David

user 666

Arachnobaron
That's a weird question in the title, but I will play along.

My not gonna believe this what, exactly? o_O

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Just call it Hitch - short for hitchhiker :rofl:

Very cool! And cute. Can't wait for my juvie P. regalis to show up Tuesday, it'll be my first Poec :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Two actually! We had originally planned on picking up six. Our friend threw in a seventh as a freebie and then there was the hitchhiker!

I did tell my friend that she threw in an extra and she said to keep it. Just putting that out there so people don't think I tried to pull one over on my friend. I would of gladly gone back and paid for it.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
That's a weird question in the title, but I will play along.

My not gonna believe this what, exactly? o_O
I take it slings hitching rides on containers is a common occurrence for you then o_O...

BTW it was a statement not a question :bored:...

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Oh man, just think how lucky it is that it stayed on the cup. If it had decided to explore and gotten lost in the vehicle... someone coulda gotten a scare. Or worse. I retract my previous suggestion and recomend "Lucky"

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Oh man, just think how lucky it is that it stayed on the cup. If it had decided to explore and gotten lost in the vehicle... someone coulda gotten a scare. Or worse. I retract my previous suggestion and recomend "Lucky"
Na it would of died if it managed to escape! They are second instars and it's 96F where I am.. I also transported them home in a box so the chances of it escaping into the vehicle would of been minimal..

Oh and I couldn't name it lucky. We have a 16yr old wire hair terrior that is close to the end of the road.. It would be kind of a sad reminder.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Awesome.
Re: a name...
'galaxy', as in 'the hitchhikers' guide to the galaxy'?
But I like Drifter as well :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The novelist/poet? If so was he hitchhiker/ traveler.. I don't know much about him honestly.
Ah ah, God bless you man. Those 'beat generation' writers are IMO boring and overestimated as hell, from Kerouac to Ferlinghetti to Corso to Ginsberg to whatnot :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ah ah, God bless you man. Those 'beat generation' writers are IMO boring and overestimated as hell, from Kerouac to Ferlinghetti to Corso to Ginsberg to whatnot :)
I don't read poetry often but I love Charles Bukowski.

I know it's cliche to like him but I also love E.A Poe.. That comes from reading his poetry with a gourgous pale skinned goth girl I dated in middle school at all hours of the night at the local cemetery. Ahh to be fourteen again :angelic:

Last edited:

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
Alright, it's a stretch, but if you were ever a fan of 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure,' the old man hobo/hitchhiker's (the one that was on the train with Pee Wee on his way to Texas) name in the movie is Hobo Jack, and the actor's real name is Carmen Filpi. All of which could possibly be a name! I personally like Filpi :wacky: But of course, the choice is yours! :singing:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Alright, it's a stretch, but if you were ever a fan of 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure,' the old man hobo/hitchhiker's (the one that was on the train with Pee Wee on his way to Texas) name in the movie is Hobo Jack, and the actor's real name is Carmen Filpi. All of which could possibly be a name! I personally like Filpi :wacky: But of course, the choice is yours! :singing:
No offence but anything to do with pee wee Herman really creeps me out..

If he showed up to my door my fight or flight instincts and muscle memory would kick in and I would hammer fist him into oblivion.. Lol.