Your most comprehensive source for climate info?

Sharno

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What is the best source you use if you want to observe natural climate trends of the native region of your animals? Google is your friend, but is there one single site that is easy to navigate and reliable?

Also, is there a very reliable site that demonstrates exactly where a species inhabits? Or do you just trust that "Africa" means "Africa" and that's all that matters when replicating climate for your animals?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What is the best source you use if you want to observe natural climate trends of the native region of your animals? Google is your friend, but is there one single site that is easy to navigate and reliable?

Also, is there a very reliable site that demonstrates exactly where a species inhabits? Or do you just trust that "Africa" means "Africa" and that's all that matters when replicating climate for your animals?
The below site is probably the best site I've used. I would also say the NOAA probably has the largest data sets for such info, but I have not directly used their data. I doubt any org on the planet has more complete data sets on planetary weather than NOAA, but now that Dumb Donald is POTUS, it may disappear if he hits the delete the key.

http://sdwebx.worldbank.org/climateportal/?page=climate_data

As far as, Africa or any other region, it's an erroneous assumption to think a region/country is all the same, especially Africa. That's like saying all the weather is the same in North America haha.

While tarantulas are generally more tolerable of husbandry errors and such, this isn't true for other exotics, like reptiles.

There are regions of Africa that reach only about 70F during the day, just like N. America.

Back to Ts, some species prefer cooler temperatures such as certain Pokie's.

The GBB is an example of where some people hear "they are from Venezuela" and they automatically think lush jungle, humid etc. That is simply not the case for GBBs, their environment is very, very xeric.