Your holy grail

Nanotrev

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think the largest, most shining names on my list would be a forest form of Pandinus imperator and a very large Heterometrus swammerdami. It's been hard for me to find some larger scorpions though I've gone from store to store looking for individuals that could outshine the rest. Perhaps I need to find a dealer that imports his own animals into the country versus Petco or Petsmart who go through multiple people. If I had the money I'd pay someone to go looking specifically for forest form P. imperators or even go myself.

Last edited:

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
someone say my name?jk
but whats a forest form of p.imp?

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have recently picked up most sp. that I wanted, my new Holy grail would be a breeding pair of yellow claw (pandinus sp.). It's a small list right now but it's always growing

Nanotrev

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
someone say my name?jk
but whats a forest form of p.imp?
A forest form P. imperator is merely a much larger version of the usual P. imperator that is believed to come from forests as opposed to the savannahs where most that go into the pet trade are collected from or so it's thought.

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
The scorp I want most is R. junceus. I just love the colors on those bad boys!!!

My ultimate holy grail has to be A. bicolor or A. australis hector :drool: :drool:. But mom doesn't want anything that poisionous in the house {D. Oh well, the waiting will make getting all that much better :D

Last edited:

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thanks Nano.
@Mathayus:you could tell your mom they arent poisonous because technically they arent.they are venomous and you wouldnt be lying:D

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So it didn't take long before I got a new holy grail here is the list so far hopefully a breeding pair of the following
Heterometrus Barberi
Heterometrus Flavimanus
Heterometrus Keralaensis
any Nebo sp.
and possibly any Tarsoporosus sp.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
The opportunity to photograph these again....Sigh...

John
];')

Gathering of Hottentotta arenaceus

Longimanus

Arachnopeon
I know that two of these are rather common in the hobby but my three holy grails right now are...

1. Lychas scutilus
2. Isometrus maculatus
3. any buthid species indigenous to Borneo

Buthids in general are rare where I am in comparison to Heterometrus sp. or Liocheles australasiae

Cheers and best regards

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Arghhh, the only info I have found on any of my holy grails, is on euopean or asian websites, neither of which I was able to understand:fury:. I wish I lived over seas. If any of you members over there knows how I can get ahold of any of these or knows someone willing to sell any of these please send me a pm.
Heterometrus Barberi
Heterometrus Flavimanus
Heterometrus Keralaensis
any Nebo sp.
and possibly any Tarsoporosus sp.

I was just wondering has anyone been able to get a hold of their holy grail because of this thread? I thought I would ask since this was the reason why I orignaly started this thread.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine is pretty simple... Isometrus maculatus. I have always been fond of them, but I have always just missed acquiring some. I have waited for around 2 and a half years.

I should be getting a group of them this week.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If I had to chose only one (in the hobby), it would probably be Isometrus brachycentrus. They are incredibly beautiful...and so damn rare!

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Isometrus and Lychas sp. especially a breeding trio

and a constant supply of feeders

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Minechas to be heterometrus. All of them haha :p. But if i had to choose i say mysorensis :D.
I'll let you know if I get a brood from my H. Mysorensis, I'm still waiting for the female to molt again before I can breed them.

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Ohh alright! Thanks, i find ur madras very beautiful too, byt i dun have enough money to buy those yet :eek:

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My list keeps growing, I forgot to add P. Viatoris to the list

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Ive ordered some LQs and if they arrive without any complications, i can strike it off too. Also ordered my current fav, androc baluchicus. Next holy grail is the standard P Imp :).