Your first T and most recently acquired T?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
G. pulchripes was my first, and L. klugi was the last one I bought.

How about you?

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
My first T recently was technically A.avic (not counting the T I had when I was ten that one was WC by a friend of my moms so no idea on species). My most recent is a Sli ng my boyfriend got me from Petco, hoping for B.vagans but can't tell until its bigger its about roughly 1/2" maybe little smaller. Adorable little guy though.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Waaaaay back then, in early '90. A G.rosea and A.avicularia.

My last (invert at 360°) purchase was my female S.subspinipes, arrived gravid btw lol

My last Theraphosidae, however, one of a genus that, in all honesty and with all the respect and everything, doesn't belong on my book of what I search in T's: a little Brachypelma smithi :banghead: (with CITES paper, of course) of an Italian breeding... couldn't say a "No" only for my love for fast & high strung T's to that, considering also the poop we had in Italy :angelic:

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
My first T ever was a Avic Avic sling back in 1997. The first T of my current collection (there was a 10 year lapse between my first and second collections) was my Avicularia purpurea that I got in October 2015. My most recent purchase was my adult female Poecilotheria miranda on March 18.

Last edited:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Mid 1970's....WC B. smithi, had her over 15 years.
Last purchase was unsexed C. elegans 1", C bertae 1.5" and A. purpurea 3/4" sling

markko

Arachnopeon
27.02.2016 - Brachypelma smithi / 26.03.2017 - Poecilotheria rufilata
Fast jump from NW to OW t-s :D

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My 1st ever tarantula was a Brachypelma albopilosum and my most recent were 2 weeks ago they were Cyriocosmus leetzi sub adult female, Aphonopelma chalcodes sub adult female, Cyriocosmus sellatus sling and a Cyclosternum schmardae sling

boina

Lady of the mites
First: B. emila and B. auratum adult females

Last: T. gigas

Magenta

Arachnosquire
Avic. avic was my first. My most recent would be E. campestratus, B. sabulosum, and A. juruensis.

obie

Arachnosquire
G Rosea was my first in 1995. AF B Vagans was my last purchase this past sunday

Avel

Arachnopeon
G. rosea back in 2012. Just got back into the hobby and received some slings last week from swiftinverts.com
P. regalis
P. ornata
P. irminia
And a tiny A. geniculata