Your first experience with losing a T?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
\o

Nothing. Just a salute to the fallen Theraphosidae. 'Poop' <-- (replace with the "S" word) happens... and then you die!
It's life.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Still today i remember my sweet "Tonton Macoute"; my lovely, crazy, high strung 0.1 P.cancerides. Poor baby, she died of old age after a life of innocent threat postures, she teached me a lot and prepared me, along with Psalmopoeus, quite well for OW's :)

One day, baby, we will be together again, and with hard nighsticks (you will have eight, my love, eight!) for smash B.dubia and crickets head <3

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
It's ironic that this was posted today, as I lost my first T today actually.

My first T ever was a MM A. chalcodes that I called "Joseph." He was WC and lived about a year in my care before he died today :bigtears: He was a particularly interesting spider, as he was a voracious eater, despite being a MM. Yeah, I could have sent him off on a breeding loan, but he was my FIRST T. I was hanging on to him!

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
It's ironic that this was posted today, as I lost my first T today actually.

My first T ever was a MM A. chalcodes that I called "Joseph." He was WC and lived about a year in my care before he died today :bigtears: He was a particularly interesting spider, as he was a voracious eater, despite being a MM. Yeah, I could have sent him off on a breeding loan, but he was my FIRST T. I was hanging on to him!
Sorry to hear that.
My fuzzy little A. avic died last month. I did everything I could and follow the instructions here. I'm getting teary just thinking about her. She was very sweet and cute.

Rogerpoco

Arachnopeon
Not my first loss,have lost a few slings in the past,but my first real adult "loss" was today-Had a MM A. avic,my very first avic(they are my"specialty now)on loan to a buddy,it mated his female,but passed shortly after.

I SHOULD be sad,I guess,but here's the story:
He was old. Several times the past few months,I thought he was curled up and gone. Couple buddies came,was planning to let one of them borrow/have him,but it turned out I had a ready female myself! Was sold to me as a male a year or so ago,so I didn't really check.

This guy went from a rock to a mating MONSTER in seconds! I was so proud. My buddy took him home,said he mated like a champ with his female too.
Died about a week later. My gal is plump,almost obviously gravid. He says he thinks he had a good insertion as well.

This would have/could have/should have been my most devastating loss yet-somehow it is tempered greatly by allowing him to do his work first!
RIP Arn Anderson. You was a cool guy!
IMG_20160502_163423.jpg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Sorry to hear that.
My fuzzy little A. avic died last month. I did everything I could and follow the instructions here. I'm getting teary just thinking about her. She was very sweet and cute.
Buy another one, Lady crone :kiss: you can. That's the best way for heal sadness.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Italian hard cheese request: ALL of them!!!:rolleyes:
Thanks Chris for the encouragement and kind words.
Oh nothing, crone, i wish the best for you, you are a nice Lady, i liked your post and the way you cared for your 'Avic', really :)

And btw, ah ah, speaking of Italian cheese, i particularly love a Italian cheese one with living worms (i'm not joking) inside. It's amazing! We call that "formaggio con i vermi", literally "cheese with worms". Unbeliavable, so yummi, amazing! :kiss:

P.S
You wouldn't find that cheese in the US Italian/American food shops, just for saying (it's rare even here today, thanks to stupid EU laws! But behind close doors, eh eh, like bootlegging during no spirit years).

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Oh nothing, crone, i wish the best for you, you are a nice Lady, i liked your post and the way you cared for your 'Avic', really :)

And btw, ah ah, speaking of Italian cheese, i particularly love a Italian cheese one with living worms (i'm not joking) inside. It's amazing! We call that "formaggio con i vermi", literally "cheese with worms". Unbeliavable, so yummi, amazing! :kiss:

P.S
You wouldn't find that cheese in the US Italian/American food shops, just for saying (it's rare even here today, thanks to stupid EU laws! But behind close doors, eh eh, like bootlegging during no spirit years).
:eek:"Cheese with worms"? It sounds like a Klingon delicacy! "Gah must be eaten alive!!" No, really-- what kind of worms?
And I, kind Sir, like the way you claim Her Most Holy Weapon of Mass Destruction a Goddess!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
:eek:"Cheese with worms"? It sounds like a Klingon delicacy! "Gah must be eaten alive!!" No, really-- what kind of worms?
And I, kind Sir, like the way you claim Her Most Holy Weapon of Mass Destruction a Goddess!
I swear, crone. I buy that cheese from old, skilled Sardegna (Sardinia, in English?) island shepherds living here in Lombardy woods. Top notch!

Here, you can read in English: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

It's one of the best thing someone can eat and a life saver if you have bread only and are broke due to an hard moment, because give you lot of energy, without the bad effects of trash food.

Explained like i'm doing now, i know, sounds a terrible idea but trust me, with fresh, cruchy bread is a King dish :)

Ah ah, the Goddess P.muticus is like a daughter for me, just that she save me the headache of 'Prom' dress and boyfriend and other stuff, so diligent :kiss:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i saw a video of that, leaving the cheese cut open in a shack till the flys come and lay their eggs, then wait till eggs hatch and yum yum. how was that even created in the first place? would like to try it someday..

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
i saw a video of that, leaving the cheese cut open in a shack till the flys come and lay their eggs, then wait till eggs hatch and yum yum. how was that even created in the first place? would like to try it someday..
It's a recipe old like the boot from what i know so i can't even say a date :) if you have the chance you wouldn't regret that.

Like cherries, basically. The more you eat, the more you continue to eat, can't stop.

When Mom was pregnant, in 1978, she ate watermelon, and that cheese even at 3 of the night, lol. And other yummi things.

louise f

Arachnoangel
i particularly love a Italian cheese one with living worms (i'm not joking) inside
Jesus christ you sound like one of my friends, he just eats meal worms for fun, and try to get my kids to eat those too..Like a challenge they have, ( if you eat one so do i he says to them ) PWWWBBAARRR..:vomit:
I always say to him you are crazy, you know that. :rofl:

But seriously friend, cheese with living worms (What planet are you from )... come on REALLY :eek::astonished::astonished:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
)

Eeeeeuwww that's just something that does not tickle my fancy, LOL.

Back on topic. My 1st loss was a C. sp. "Hati Hati" juvenile, due to a stuck molt. The carapace didn't even pop. From the 3 I owned 1 was female, and it just had to be the female that got stuck :(

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Jesus christ you sound like one of my friends, he just eats meal worms for fun, and try to get my kids to eat those too..Like a challenge they have, ( if you eat one so do i he says to them ) PWWWBBAARRR..:vomit:

But seriously friend, cheese with living worms (What planet are you from )... come on REALLY :eek::astonished::astonished:
:eek: <--- EEK!

That's not the same thing, ah ah :) that cheese deserve a try, you have no idea Lady L (i admit that for a non Italian or someone not living here, could be impossible to find that delicacy outside the boot) leaves even a sort of lovely prickly retro-taste :kiss:

One day my Mother bought me a jar of that, i almost ate that in one day, lol

"Worms" inside cheese? You bet, son!

IMG_0224.jpg

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel

Klingon.