Your First and Second Scorpion?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What species was your first Scorpion, and what about a second? also, what would you recommend for a 2nd scorpion after keeping an emp?

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I started out with 2 C. vittatus then got some more C. vittatus. :)

For your second scorp it pretty much depends on how comfortable you are with them. But I still dont reccomend something past a 3 venom wise for your second scorp.

Its personal preference(sp?)
Theres many species to choose from and if you want a tropical or desert scorpion. You could get C. vittatus, C. hentzi, B. jacksoni, Vaejovis spp., M. martensii. Others too.

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My first was an Emp ( pobably along with 95% of everyone on here). my second scorp or scorps i should say, were 4 B.jacksoni. these guys are a big change habitually, and kind of refreshing after owning only emps. they are bark scorps, so they mostly cling to bark or wood. they are pretty active as well. Venom is moderate between 2-3/5. as long as you have kept an emp for a while and have been successfull you will have no problem keeping these guys. i would also suggest M. martensii (also about 3/5) as a second scorp, also very interesting. but if you are looking for something bigger as the last 2 i suggested reach only about 3-4 inches tops, you could try Hadrurus spp ( reach up to 6 inches!), being a xeric spp this will be a nice change, and they are very cool also. Venom tox is a 1/5 for these.

cheers, steve

Last edited:

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool thanks for the ideas, id probably want a desert sp, i might get some more experence and try a S. mesaensis

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My first was a H spinifer. Second are M martensii.

And I know very very little about species of scorps so yeah... :) I'd just agree with above, anything below potency level 3. But it's also important to make their requirements a factor. whether u want a rock or rainforest or desert dwelling species...etc. etc.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
JungleGuts said:
cool thanks for the ideas, id probably want a desert sp, i might get some more experence and try a S. mesaensis
Only thing you have to worry about with S. mesaensis is their lightning quick speed. :D

Other than that they are easy to care for, Just get a bunch of sand, pack it down, and keep them hot.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
RyanC said:
Only thing you have to worry about with S. mesaensis is their lightning quick speed. :D

Other than that they are easy to care for, Just get a bunch of sand, pack it down, and keep them hot.
yea ive noticed there supposta be really fast! they seem really cool and a little less common, ill prob go with that or B.jacksoni

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
try to get some bark scorpions.. which r much smaller compare to an emp, iof you r able to care for it well.. the rest of keeping a scorpion jus falls in to place as times come :) good luck with your next scorpion!

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My first scorp was an Emperor, Then my next scorpion was also an emperor a week later. But if u want to get into species it went like this
1st-Pandinus imperator
2nd-Box containing- C. Jonesii. O Asper. C Vittatus and P cavimanus. I believe i opened the O Asper first though haha

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My first was an emerpor, and my second was an Asian forest scorpion.

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First was an H. laoticus that still hates me.
Just picked up my second, Caraboctonus keyserlingi, tonight from tarcan.:D
Dave Mc

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my first was a Centruroides Exilicauda when I was 6 or 7, and my second was a Vaejovis Coahuilae when I was probably around the same age...

Last edited:

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dan,

First = Pandinus imperator
Second = Parabuthus transvillosus

Luc

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My first was a male emp. that had a broken claw so he was real cheap. 2nd was a desert hairy my son-in-law bought me. Then there was an emp. missing the whole pediapalp, claw and all, that was given to me free at a Petco. After that, my husband bought me a big H. pauciden, then I got a female P. emp., and then a Texas Scorp(C. cohulai?), and an A. australis. Then I got 4 baby C. gracilis. So my scorpion collection is growing:D .

Sharon

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
First 2 were p. cavimanus, after that 2 o. asper.

Dennis1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First Buthus occitanus , secound Leiurus quinquestriatus , then Hadogenes pauciensis etc.