Your Favorite Species

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm surprised nobody has elected Tityus bahiensis as most admired. I personally think they are about the most beautiful in the Tityus genus and 1 of the best out of them all as far as coloration goes.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian,

Yeah, same here. Outside of the members of genera Anuroctonus (phaiodactylus), Diplocentrus (all) and Hadrurus (H. spadix), few US scorps hold much interest to me anymore.

As regards Tityus spp. They are beautiful scorps but I've never had much interest in the genus as well as Centruroides (except vittatus), Lychas, etc.

dirtborder4life

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
fav. species

I've gotta go with H.spadix for my favorite(the only species i have:( ).

And on the wish list is c.vittatus, and eventually, A.bicolor

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tityus bahiensis Is very nicie and that large tail is appealing, But the coloring looks a little dull, which I know can differ individualy.

Another wishlister
B. JAcksoni

PeterParker

Arachnopeon
I think nothing beats "Egyptian Death Stalker" you've got to give them a lot of respect.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cashew,

It's not different than the behaviors of the majority of scorp species that tend to be nocturnally active. Others, such as Anuroctonus phaiodactylus and A. pococki are equally as active during the day as at night. To be honest, all of mine are more active during the day.
Of course, as with anything related to these ever-enigmatic animals, several factors contribute to diurnal activity including, temperatures, RH, amount of surface cover, light levels, intensity, angle, etc.
You'd be surprised how a few modifications can increase diurnal activity levels! LOL

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mine would be. Androctonus ssp. and second would be Heterometrus ssp and Pandinus ssp. and last but not least Centeruroids ssp. and they are in no order at all, they are my fave scorps by far.

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Something I would not like to keep, Hmmmmm I guess, Well at this point id be excited about anything since I only have 2 of the same species(Not for long, 6 coming in monday!!) but Id probably have to say. nope nevermind I cant thin kof a single scorp I wouldnt love to have, There are some scorps on the other hand that i am preventing myself from getting for a while until im more experienced, You know the dangerous ones etc.

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im gonna have to change my selection...New favorite....C VITTTATUS, woooo hoo i love this lil bugger

slingshot71

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Of the four species I have, my favorites are my B. jacksoni. I really like their color, speed, and attitude.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like deathstalker. Out of all the species I got, deathstalkers are the only active species. Soon as I dropped the heat in their enclosure, they would go back to their burrow but soon as I turn it up, you'll see them out chilling or walking around. Plus, they're the only one I seen chase a cricket. Soon as you drop a cricket in their enclosure, my 2 girls and my other juv would run after them like there's no tomorrow {D

PA7R1CK

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ah.... so hard to pick. I'm a huge fan of the Androctonus species. I like Leiurus quinquestriatus, I'v always had a fascination with the species.

Patrick

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would have to say deffinately p. transvaalicus. very fun to watch. i have a fem adult, and this week 4 more juvies! as soon as there is the slightest disturbance, she will back right out of her scrape to investigate, and also like quiz says, doesnt hesitate to chase prey around. i love watching her. very active scorp!

Mechanical-Mind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"Out of all the species in your collection which is your Favorite and why?"

Centruroides spp. are always at the top of my list. They're communal, they do well in planted vivariums, they have a wide variety of [aesthetic] forms, colors, and a few behavioral differences as well.

"What is your favorite scorpion that you admire?"

Biology: Tityus serrulatus (Parthenogenesis... It simply doesn't get any more fascinating than that)

Size: Heterometrus swammerdami

Behavior: Androctonus bicolor (My male was erratic and down-right spectacular)

Dennis1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HI

My favourite in my collection is Centruroides arctimanus , because I like the color and the scorpion is wounderfull .

My favourite species : Tityus spp , Tityobuthus spp , Rhophalurus spp , Centruroides spp

Ma favourite scorpion I havent in my collection : Zabius fuscus and Tityus paraensis

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bump///// Newly aquired interest

Babycurus Jacksoni0- these guys caught my attention sinc ei first started the hobby and had no idea what they were, hopefully will get one soon