Your Favorite Species

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Out of all the species in your collection which is your Favorite and why?

What is your favorite scorpion that you do not own but want or admire?

Ill go first.

Its a pretty tought choice but between my Pandinus imperator and my pandinus imperator I think i might just have to go with pandinus imperator. I should be recieving 5 or so more scorps soon of 3 dif species so maybe I can change my answer later once ive got my new guys.

Most admired,
Leirus Quinquestriatus
They are really beautiful and with lethal venom they obviously command respect, Also with a name like Deathstalker(Not to mention Leirus quinquestriatus sounds awesome too) They just appeal to me greatly.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey guys, I'm new here and though this might be a goodfirst post.

My favorite in my collection is C. exilicauda. I love their color and activeness. I will have a big community tank at some point. With drift wood and grapevine.

My favorite overall would be A. bicolor. I just love their metasomas!! They're color is also so cool. But alas, I am not ready for these.

And just to throw it out there...My hottest scorpions are my 3 Central American C. gracilis.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
"Out of all the species in your collection which is your Favorite and why?

What is your favorite scorpion that you do not own but want or admire?

Ill go first.

Its a pretty tought choice but between my Pandinus imperator and my pandinus imperator I think i might just have to go with pandinus imperator. I should be recieving 5 or so more scorps soon of 3 dif species so maybe I can change my answer later once ive got my new guys.

Most admired,
Leirus Quinquestriatus
They are really beautiful and with lethal venom they obviously command respect, Also with a name like Deathstalker(Not to mention Leirus quinquestriatus sounds awesome too) They just appeal to me greatly."

Aww man same here, I admire the emps because of their size I know everyone has one but I like to show off my scorpion when people come over and i like to see their faces when they see how big it is. But my little shade is still very small, so i cant do that ...YET.
The deathstalker is one that i would like to own not touch tough

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha yep same here, I defintiely admire emps for their huge size and interesting behavior. And sadly I as well am not prepared nearly enough to own an L quin. The parabathus and Androctonus thick metasoma has always been an attractive feature to me as well

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Fav: Heterometrus laoticus probably, theyre built like tanks, theyre all smoothe and have a nice sheen, nice size and no problems what so ever
(god.. i could write this for 1/2 my collection!)

To get:
some Euscorpiops species, these are really nice!!!!!!!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In my collection: Androctonus mauritanicus (of course)

Most Admired: Androctonus hoggarensis :D

yeah Andros rule in my book

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Whew!

Welcome to AB Canth!!

cashewman1,

That's a tough question:? . I love all my scorps and each one has a unique characteristic that makes them attractive. So I'll just list my scorp and the trait that makes them appealing to me.

In order of my preferrence:

Isometrus maculatus - small communal scorps, lightning fast, good coloration/pattern, and best of all they breed fast! I've had 2 births already in a span of 2 months. After giving birth, they are almost ready to breed again, gestation 2 months.

Liocheles australasiae - cute scorp the size of a thumbnail, non-aggressive, easy to handle. They multiply quickly, they are classified as parthenogenetic.
My lone scorp produced 14 scorplings without a mate.

Heterometrus spinifer/longimanus/laoticus - big monstrous looking scorps, good display species, active burrower, and the easiest to handle.

Mesobuthus martensii - nice color, good ambush tactics, and stings the prey all the time.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks, Alakdan!!!! :)

Oh and another one of my favorites...V. spinigerus. Just love the little guys!!

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Favorite in my collection : C. vittatus (especially the males with their long metasoma)

Most admired : R. Junceus, coolest looking scorp out there IMO

Thanks,
Ryan

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Another Very well admired: Tityus fasciolatus
Absolutely incredible coloration there

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah yes one of mine too, arent all Tityus spp. just incredible though.

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i would have to say my 2 a. australis, i agree with brian that andros rule!! and second i love my b.jacksonis', they are the coolest guys to watch in my book.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
All-

Pretty hard questions. While all of my scorps are favorites due to individual characteristics and behaviors, I think my fav species are M. martensii or A. mauritanicus. However, I also favor Androctonus, Diplocentrus, Euscorpius, Mesobuthus and Hottentotta spp.

Species I'd like to have in my "collection" one day over all others - either M. caucasicus, M. nigrocinctus, D. diablo or E. germanus.

Here's a similar question from the opposite end: Any scorpions that you have no interest in ever keeping/maintaining?

For me, it's Centruroides (excluding C. vittatus), Lychas, Parabuthus and Tityus spp.

Last edited:

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My fav is now my 9 4th instar Heterometrus spinifer :p~

And i would really like to have

Androctonus mauritanicus ....

guess i have this something with black scorpions hahahhaha :p~

azatrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This one really isn't that hard for me....As far as genus goes, I gotta go with Androctonus...I have a couple australis right now, and they're very active, eat like gangbusters and are quick to defend themselves if harrassed...

I also have a female A. mauritanacus and she's a doll too....

I'm looking forward to getting a bicolor or two as well as a couple amourexi in the future...

I guess it's just something about that big ole' fat tail that does it for me....These things are built like tanks and don't take any crap from anyone...

Gotta love it!!!

-AzAtrox

BaronFel181

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My favorite is without a doubt my young adult male Tityus paraensis. He's active, mean, and the chelae are just ridiculously long and thin. Nothing comes close.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
All-

Mine changes over the years but with the recent house remodeling project, lack of space and a need to define my primary interests, my intent is to only keep the taxa that interest me the most and those being:

Androctonus, Anuroctonus, Diplocentrus, Hadrurus, Hottentotta, Mesobuthus and a few odds & ends species! Promised the wife I'd "try" to keep the numbers at or below 100 ;)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Barkscorpions said:
Here's a similar question from the opposite end: Any scorpions that you have no interest in ever keeping/maintaining?
As bad as I hate to admit it, most of the native US scorps are of little interest to me. As the old saying goes, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence (or in this case the ocean lol)