Your favorite Nhandu

KenNet

Arachnosquire
It's a fascinating genus! I have the honor of having three species that I bought as sexed females at the size of about 3 inch a few years ago. They are now fully grown adults.

My favorite is the tripepii. Not only is she big and beautiful, she also has a personality that makes her loveable.

Second comes the coloratovillosus. An relaxed and gorgeous species!

And third:
Nhandu chromatus
Beautiful, but not up there with tripepii. Mine is very skittish and prone to kick hairs.

I have no experience of the other two in this genus. Curious to know more about them tho.

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
So far I only own a chromatus sling. Love the little one though so far, good appetite, and its finally starting to show it's colors. I really want a tripepii, as I love T's with dense, longer setae.

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
I have an N. chromatus big sling/small juvie I got as a freebie, it spends most of the time in its burrow, I know it will probably change with time, but for now, it's not my favourite T. I fell in love with N. tripepii and it's definitely near the top of my wishlist.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I have Juvinile Chromatus and Coloratovillosus. I like the Chromatus for its carapace, my daughter likes the Coloratovillosus for its fuzz

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
My tripepii has had it's burrow sealed since I got it so I can't say I enjoy it very much, but the photos ive seen of the adults are gorgeous

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I've always wanted a N. tripepii as they are amazing looking T.'s with a good amount of size as well. I just don't have the money to buy some because they're overpriced to me at the moment, but someday I will own one.

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
I just don't have the money to buy some because they're overpriced to me at the moment, but someday I will own one.
They are very cheap here, 5USD for a 1/2" sling and 35 USD for a sex female around 2,5" DLS. From what I see Ts are cheap here in general, but Nhandus are widely available and cheap even for local standards.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I only have tripepii but I love that fuzzy little furball.

Personally the others haven't ever impressed me enough to add them to the list. I don't need a chromatus when I have an Acanthoscurria geniculata.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
They are very cheap here, 5USD for a 1/2" sling and 35 USD for a sex female around 2,5" DLS. From what I see Ts are cheap here in general, but Nhandus are widely available and cheap even for local standards.
I really envy the prices overseas for sure. :bigtears: The US has some insane inflated prices compared to anywhere else in the world in terms of tarantulas.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It's N. tripepii for me. I also have chromatus and carapoensis, and they are cool too, but they lack the 'teddy bear' look that I find so cute about adult N. tripepii.

cold blood

Staff member
I love em all......chromatus is certainly the outlier of the genus....so much so that I suspect they actually belong elsewhere (Lasiodora perhaps, but hey, I am no taxonomist), but they are still nice looking, they just lack the fluff of the rest of the genus.

All good looking, all great eaters, and all grow quickly...just a great genus of terrestrial new worlds.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
I love em all......chromatus is certainly the outlier of the genus....so much so that I suspect they actually belong elsewhere (Lasiodora perhaps, but hey, I am no taxonomist), but they are still nice looking, they just lack the fluff of the rest of the genus.
V interesting!

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
I've had an N. chromatus. It was the most defensive taratunla I've kept so far. Everytime I would go to feed it, it would immediately threat posture followed by hair kicking. A couple times it nearly ended up on its back with how far back it threat postured. I loved every minute of keeping it.

Both the N. tripepii and N. coloratovillosus are on my wish list, particularly the N. tripepii.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
N. tripepii Is in my wishlist. Pictures of them look amazing.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I have 2 Chromatus, one I recently got as a freebie but the first I got a little over a year ago super tiny like 1/8" and now it's like 2.5-3". Mine stays burrowed almost all of the time which I'm told is unusual for this species

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince

All good looking, all great eaters, and all grow quickly...just a great genus of terrestrial new worlds.
If you could tell that “quick growing” thing to my chromatus sling I would appreciate it. Had it since September as a L2. The thing has molted twice and gotten SMALLER with the last molt!