Your favorite Araneae

basin79

ArachnoGod
Wonderful photos and some really cool spiders. Feel free to share your lunula story, I have three coming once the weather gets a bit better, along with three Piloctenus haematostoma and a Porrhothele antipodiana
It was the most bizarre accident ever. I moved her water dish as crickets kept drowning in it. A few days later she moulted. How the past previous times she moulted on her biggest piece of cork bark. This time she moulted on a little piece.

She completely moulted and must have slipped. She landed in her water dish that I moved days earlier. With just moulting she must have been extremely weak and drowned in it.

To say I was gutted was/is a massive understatement.

I have a Porrhothele antipodiana. She's recently moulted. Here's her post moult feed. They're absolutely brilliant little spiders.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
It was the most bizarre accident ever. I moved her water dish as crickets kept drowning in it. A few days later she moulted. How the past previous times she moulted on her biggest piece of cork bark. This time she moulted on a little piece.

She completely moulted and must have slipped. She landed in her water dish that I moved days earlier. With just moulting she must have been extremely weak and drowned in it.

To say I was gutted was/is a massive understatement.

I have a Porrhothele antipodiana. She's recently moulted. Here's her post moult feed. They're absolutely brilliant little spiders.

Sorry to hear that man, not the first T I've heard of drowning during the molting process. But it just HAD to be something as cool as that species didn't it :banghead:

@Widow lover can hook you up. Dude has A+ spiders and I think he just got some new sparassids recently.
Agreed

basin79

ArachnoGod
Sorry to hear that man, not the first T I've heard of drowning during the molting process. But it just HAD to be something as cool as that species didn't it :banghead:
It was literally the perfect storm. I moved the water dish, she shed in a different place and actually slipped.