Your Dream Scorpions

I to have kept P.imperator before and found them to be the preverbial pet hole, if you keep them correctly in deep substrate you will hardly ever see them. Heterometrus spinifer, H.laoticus are almost exact copies of imperator except they don't burrow, maybe a couple of inches. Out of all my scorpions, and there are many, my little pet is a young H.laoticus - a little darling - I take him/ her ( not even bothered to sex ) out now and again, never any signs os aggression or stress, just sits on my wrist quite happy, doesn't race around or anything you might expect. After around 10 mins. goes back into its enclosure quite happily.Sits out every night and goes under cover during the day. Emperors are available now and again but I would never buy another, I had 12 at one time and the amount of times I had to dig them out to check as I never saw any was quite a pain, as I don't like to disturb my scorpions once settled.I think I used to see my O.glabifrons more regularly. My opinion - Asian Forests in general are a much underrated scorpion with a lot going for them - to repeat, I have scorpions of all sizes, temperments, and from most parts of the world, but, he/ she is my little darling and I hope I have it for a long, long time.

Oh, I agree. My H. laoticus is very active despite having dug a nice burrow a while ago. He was also my first arachnid after an 8 year break! He spends most of his time out in the open where I can see him and show him off without disturbing him.

But I really miss the "Mega" size of P. imperator. They are very impressive animals and I don't mind the whole "pet hole" thing... I myself fit that description sometimes!

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
My top 2 dream scorpions would have to be Tityus stigmurus and Babycurus jacksoni. I know they’re not too uncommon but I haven’t been able to get my hands on any yet. definitely soon though, they’re beautiful scorps.

also all of the not-so-common Hadrurus species.
i.e:
H. spadix
H. aztecus
H. obscurus
H. anzaborrego
forgive me if some of these names have changed or if they have been re-classified, it’s been a minute since I’ve been in the hobby. but these are definitely on the list as well.

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
My top 2 dream scorpions would have to be Tityus stigmurus and Babycurus jacksoni. I know they’re not too uncommon but I haven’t been able to get my hands on any yet. definitely soon though, they’re beautiful scorps.

also all of the not-so-common Hadrurus species.
i.e:
H. spadix
H. aztecus
H. obscurus
H. anzaborrego
forgive me if some of these names have changed or if they have been re-classified, it’s been a minute since I’ve been in the hobby. but these are definitely on the list as well.
I can get you T stig and B gigas if your interested. Lol. Babycurus species are hard to find now a days

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I already have most of my dream scorps but I would like to find some of the following:

tityus trivittatus
uroplectes otjimbinguensis / uroplectes fischeri
uroplectes chubbi
uroplectes flavoviridis
parabuthus villosus
I now have everything on this list except uroplectes chubbi and uroplectes flavoviridis.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
A.pterygocerus
B.gigas
B.jacksoni
H.lepturus
H.fulvipes
H.spinifer
H.swammerdami
H.xanthopus
Hottentotta spp.
O.karrooensis
O.longicauda
O.pallipes
P.granulatus
P.villosus
U.yaschenkoi
Uroplectes spp.

to name a few...

Last edited:

woodie

Arachnosquire
Today I got to thinking about the Scorpions I'd Love to get my hands on, but don't have the free money, or access to get right now. So I decided to make thread where we can all post the Scops you would Love to get your hands on!

I'll start

Adult Female Emperor (pandinus imperator)
I have an Adult Male, but as you will see in this list the cost of shipping kills me.

Heterometrus swammerdami
A Large posible the Largest Scorpion on the planet, and from what I've seen on line about as chill as Emperors! Sadly there really hard to find in the States.

Hadrurus pallidus (Hadrurus arizonensis pallidus, Hadrurus arizonensis with pallidus morph, Hadrurus no one seems to agree how to classify this poor scorp)
A beautiful pale scorpion.

Israeli Gold Scorpion (Scorpio maurus)
This is gorgeous cute little guy.

So what Scorpions are you guys after?
Crazy to think emperors are so expensive now, 18 years back they were $5-10 at almost every pet shop. Had a large breeding group and couldn't get buyers so would feed juvies to a monitor lizard I rehabbed