Your collection must-haves!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm sure there are other posts on this forum asking people what their favorite and most essential t in their collection is. But people change their minds and new things become available... So I'm just posing the question agsin: what's ur must-have T in your collection and why?
I'm going to have to say my gbb, it's always active and hungry, makes incredible webs , is a fast grower and goes thru gorgeous color changes.

--J.Haas

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Acanthoscurria brocklehursti/geniculata both are great eaters , and are always out for display. Nice coloration also, and a little bigger than average spider.:biggrin: Both are easily my some of my favorites , and extreme fast growing terrestrials.

Amimia

Arachnosquire
N. chromatus is a great one! Definitely one of my favorites. Also, pumpkin patch dwarfs are some must haves (I think their scientific name is something like hapalopus formusa but I could be very very very wrong)

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Any Cyriocosmus sp.
GBB of course
and any (or all) Avicularia sp.

Cyriocosmus all look amazing, they are also dwarfs, good reasons to get it in my book already!
C. cyaneopubescens web everywhere, eat great and look awesome.
Avicularia- look awesome, web awesome tubes, and are great for beginners or intermediate keepers.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
I like my Palmopoeus sp. They're colorful, fast, good eaters, tend to follow a predictable pre-molt/molt pattern, and out and about more than some others. (And mine have not displayed any defensiveness...yet.) I currently have P. cambrigeii, irminia, and pulcher. Need to get a few more. [emoji5]️

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I've had a lot of deaths recently but I'll have to make a list. A new king baboon and more haplopelma's.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
hmm.. i think id have to say a toss up with most of mine.. it depends on the catagory really. i mean if your looking for a display T. i love my gbb's they wev so much, one is ALWAYS on display, however the smaller suspected female is not [sadface] but the 5" fem just sits down like nothing elese.. almost scares me to into my male when he hooks due to lack of anything but what seems like a mat XD

in appearence i personally like the gbb, but i think my genic takes the cake as i admire black and white T's and my chromatus isnt large enough to rival her hes still a burrow dweller ;P

in personality i love my roseas all are so calm and collected, males still a skittish little guy. but the girls, im pretty sure i could hold them if i wished. they dont mind me staring for hours and will happily take food from the tongs i dont have to wait for a strike lol ^_^

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
It's hard to just pick one, as I have two tied for favourite T, but if I HAD to choose, I'd have to say my G. pulchra. She's about 4 inches now, and is such a sweetheart. She has never kicked hairs, and just about every time I put my hand into her enclosure to change her water, she'll come over and touch my hand with her two front legs. :)

archaeosite

Arachnosquire
Most of mine are still slings, but the Costa Rican tiger rump (Cyclosternum fasciatum) is quickly becoming a favorite. I snagged the last one for sale at the time and I'm so glad I did. This little guy is barely 1/2" but has made these fantastic 3D tunnels of web and substrate in its small container. Even as a tiny sling, it has contrasting legs and body, and the red stripes on the abdomen are already visible. It's fast, too! I could stare at the little guy all day.

The first is a photo from when I first got it. You can see the beginning of its webbing. The second is its webbing now!

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
I gotta say my two favorites right now are my a. Avic due to how awesome she is making webs, carrying sub to the top to blend etc and my g. Pulchra because she is quite literally the most curious and friendly lil one I have. She doesn't shy away from anything, she eats like the classiest lady ever lol. They are both just stunning.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
'Must haves' for the average collection:

- At least one red/orange legged Brachypelma: smithi, Emilia, boehmei, auratum, klassi, etc.
- Grammostola pulchra
- Grammostola pulchripes
- A blonde Aphonopelma
- Aphonopelma seemani
- Chromatopelma
- Acanthoscurria geniculata or brocklehursti
- A Pamphobeteus
- A Phormictopus
- A Lasiodora
- Theraphosa stirmi
- Nhandu chromatus and coloratovilosum
- Ephebopus murinus
- A Cyriocosmus (ritae, leetzi, etc)
- Hapalopus 'Colombia'
- Several species of Avicularia (there's so many great ones)
- At least one species of Psalmopoeus

- Ceratogyrus marshalli and/or darlingi
- Augacephalus ezendami
- Pterinochilus chordatus and murinus
- Pelinobius muticus
- Idiothele mira
- Monocentropus balfouri
- A Hysterocrates
- Heteroscodra maculata
- Encyocratella olivacea

- At least one Poecilotheria
- Chilobrachys fimbriatus
- Chilobrachys dyscolus
- Chilobrachys 'Blue'
- Chilobrachys guangxiensis
- Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
- Orphnaecus philippinus
- Pseudnocnemis brachyramosa
- Lampropelma violaceopes
- A Cyriopagopus
- Haplopelma lividum and vonwirthi
- A Phlogius

This list gives a huge variety of colors, markings, sizes, & habitats. Enough to keep a person entertained indefinitely.

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no t's at the moment but my all time must haves was red knees, suntigers, the gooty sapphires, i have not had any ts in over 3 years now feels weird not to have them but i am maxed out on space atm

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Arboreal
Terrestrial
Fossorial
Pet Rock
Pet Hole
Pet Web
Class Clown
Terrorist
Ambassador
Coward
Teleporter
Fast Growth
Slow Growth
Glutton
Anorexic

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Arboreal
Terrestrial
Fossorial
Pet Rock
Pet Hole
Pet Web
Class Clown
Terrorist
Ambassador
Coward
Teleporter
Fast Growth
Slow Growth
Glutton
Anorexic
Basically I would say you buy everything.w/variety... :) My collection already has all of those .

Kinkyskink

Arachnopeon
I would say a GBB is a must have. Pretty, fiesty and great eaters! Pretty much the perfect show off spider. :p On the other hand, my want to buys include the H. Mac and a B. Auratum. I have all the Avics that were on my list. ;)

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know what you mean, I have 4 Avics now, all of them are great, including the common A. avicularia. Everybody needs at least 3 different Avic species, one being A. versicolor.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think everyone should own a BLUE T, like a GBB for example, because blue is the rarest color in nature and most animals that are blue to the human eye, aren't really blue.

I did too, but the Avic list keeps growing. I'm up to 10 species and still 'need' a few more. Then I'll be done with Avics...probably.

I couldn't agree more. There are quite a few I don't have, and need to get.

I know what you mean, I have 4 Avics now, all of them are great, including the common A. avicularia. Everybody needs at least 3 different Avic species, one being A. versicolor.
No doubt about that either. I've only had 1 versi, it's a male, but watching the color change as it gets older is truly fascinating, far more fascinating than my other Avics.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No doubt about that either. I've only had 1 versi, it's a male, but watching the color change as it gets older is truly fascinating, far more fascinating than my other Avics.
My GBB is like your A. versicolor. He is a male but watching him grow has been awesome, I got him at 1/3 inch and he still has his gold(ish) carapace but he has some legs on him! He is already 4 inch in leg span outstretched and still has his gold carapace! He is actually going to molt again soon, I am so excited for him to mature. I already have a date lined up for him.