RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright folks:

Sunday, June 22
7pm Minnesota Time (CST)
Most Extreme: Venom
Animal Planet
"10 most venomous creatures are examined, including spiders, platypi and snakes"

Monday, June 23
4pm Minnesota Time (CST)
Kiss Of The Spider
NGChannel: Expedition Journal
"spiders and tarantulas are observed"

Saturday, June 28
8pm Minnesota Time (CST)
Webs
Sci-Fi Channel
"Richard Grieco stars as an electrical worker that discovers a secret portal that leads to a parallel Earth that is ruled by Queen Tarantula"

Tuesday, July 1
7pm Minnesota Time (CST)
Built For The Kill
NGChannel
"predators of the rain forest including the giant tarantula, cetipedes and jaguars"

Also, for any Mystery Science Theatre 3000 fans (the best Minnesota TV show by the way ;) ), on local channel 17 here, they are showing the movies:

- Giant Spider Invasion
- Earth Vs.The Spiders
- The Horrors Of Spider Island

over the next month ( i believe)... i've seen them all, and they're chocked full of really good REAL T shots!!! including a 50 ft Aphonopelma sp from Carlsbad =D

enjoy!
peace
dave

Last edited:

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Dave,

Must be different programming in your neck of the woods because I cant find most of these on my ReplayTV Guide.

Jeff

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey man

Maybe the MST3k shows are only in minnesota, but all the other ones are all scheduled to go nationally!

i double checked on TiVo and TVGuide...

?
check it out?

should be good though!
peace
dave

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
I'll check again...I did however capture a program called Little Killers: The Power of Venom that is pretty cool.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
excellent, i already taped Little Killers and Tarantulas and their Venomous Relations. now i can even further add to my library. awesome. :)

thanks!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sure thing :)

i know alot of other people are like me, and would like to see these shows..

so there we go.

enjoy!
peace
dave

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey anyone that gets these caught on tape...neway i can send tapes with return postage and get a copy? i work all day and go to school all night and am asleep the rest of the time so TV pretty much is non existent (even though i pay 60 a month for digital :rolleyes:) we can talk about charges privatly

i keep seeing the commericals for the one on animal planet this weekend and i notice they don't mention the sydney funnel...hopefully i will catch that one should be good :D neway hit me up on a PM if you can hook me up...T's too :D hehe

-Allen:}

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
4 emoticons in one post? thats almost hitting Terri's (MizM's) record ;)

and as for the show on animal planet, i'm interested to see what their top 10 list is..

its funny, since whenever i watch shows about "the most venomous creatures ever", or whatever, there's no consistancy.. then i realised its due to semantics..

some people consider fatality numbers, other people consider frequency of bites/stings...

i wonder what Animal Planet is using as their measuring device?

peace
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:( Awwww, c'mon Dave, I thouth NO ONE could beat my record!:(
(2)

Thanks for the updates! :D I NEVER read my T.V. Guide, I'm so glad I have Rugby "Tarantula TV Alert System" Dave! :D
(4)

=D Good news Allen, I can record the "Tarantulas and Their Venomous Rlations" show if you would like... e-mail me! =D
(6)
=D
(7)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Time to add 3 more to this:

Thursday, July 3
3pm Minnesota Time (CST)
Ultimate Guide to the Awesome
Discovery Kids (i know, i know, but still ;) )
"spiders and tarantulas are analyzed using computer animation to highlight physiology and location footage to observe behavior, including hunting techniques. Featured: species lethal to humans, anatomy, physiology and mating behaviours of some of the most graceful creatures on this planet"

should be cool.

Saturday, July 5
1am Minnesota Time (CST)
Crocodile Hunter: Dangerous Africa
Animal Planet
"steve finds spiders, tarantulas, scorpions, centipedes, snakes and, of course, crocs"

and the BEST OF THE BEST (theoretically):

Monday, July 7
1:15pm Minnesota Time (CST)
Microcosmos: Invertebrates
Sundance (should be especially cool!)
"in this 80 minute documentary chronicling the world of invertebrates, special cameras and lenses capture creatures of the French countryside, including ants, spiders, tarantulas, centipedes and beetles. Narrated by Kristen Scott Thomas. Directed by Claude Nuridsany and Marie Perennou"

i know i'm going to get one nasty look from a member here, but come on: Kristen Scott Thomas AND inverts??!!!! Oh man!!! =D (by the way, that's NOT a type for 'microcosms')

enjoy it guys!
Can someone tape the SUNDANCE show for me? I'll be up at the lake that week!

*whew*

hey, maybe someone can send me a tape chock full of the T shows for me doing my T's-on-TV-research for ya'll ;)

later,
dave

Last edited:

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Dave-

You stunk on the Extreme: venom - NO SPIDERS!!!;) I missed the NGEO show yesterday - how was it??

Dario

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whoa, i stunk huh? Go find your own damn T shows on TV then ;)

consequently, i only take what directTV/TVGuide says, so i can't be held responsible :)

so there were no spiders at all? Hmm, go figure.

The Ngeo show was really really cool. It should be on again soon.

on a slight tangent, all these new shows are getting really down and dirty with the Ts and spiders.. and finally they're getting some really good info.. some really good REAL info!

pce
dave

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Here's a new movie called "Webs" on the SCIFI CH tomorrow evening at 9pm est

"Electrical workers discover an underground portal leading to a parallel world where spider people rule Chicago" copied from Yahoo TV

Who knows, it could be a funny one like 8 legged freaks ;) :p =D

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I watched "Webs" saturday night. Pretty decent. A little "out there" though.
It's on again July 10th.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also, there's some other Croc Hunter shows on D-Kids that have to do with Inverts and Tarantulas...

i'll get the info soon.

peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ready for some new stuff?
here we go:

Wednesday July 30th
3pm Minnesota Time (CST)
Webs Of Intrigue
National Geographic Channel
"Spiders and tarantulas are observed and their web-spinning skills are examined. Some of the spiders included: the orb-weaving Nephila spider, which can catch small birds in its web, and the Domeledes fishing spider, which preys on small fish."

and for those with kids:

Tuesday July 29th
7pmMinnesota Time (CST)
Zach's Ultimate Guide To Spiders
Discovery Kids
"topic: spiders"

enjoy friends
peace
dave

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Coool!

I don't have either one of those channels but what you are doing is a great service....Thanks!