Your Beginner Tarantula.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
An adult female Grammostola porteri (at the time, rosea) back in 1999 and she was with me another 17 years.

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
1st purchase/order consisted of A. geniculata, N. chromatus, L. parahybana & G. pulchripes. All slings from 1/8" to 1/2".

For us poor folks, it just doesn't make sense purchasing a single sling (juvies-adults is a whole other story)...especially when you consider the shipping cost.

Ents189

Arachnopeon
I impulsively bought a. 5" GBB sling after looking into getting a T for several months. A year and a half later and I still only have 11. I have to grow my collection slowly or the fiance will use it as an excuse to buy more expensive pets. My recent $15 H. spinifer cost me 2 $150 sugar gliders :rofl:

Ents189

Arachnopeon
That's a horrible exchange rate. Tell your fiance that you're owed $285 worth of tarantulas - EVEN EXCHANGE!:devil:
Oh its coming. I have a Goldenchild retic that I'm selling soon, that money will be going right into the tarantulas lol Inverts have almost completely taken over my animal room and its only going to get worse

Paiige

Arachnobaron
11 years ago I got a 3" female G. porteri from Petco. She was my only T for many years, and I was content with her until about 4 years ago. I would say the one that sparked my "collecting" would be my C. cyaneopubescens, as I got him on a whim one day, picked up a B. boehmei within the same week, and then fell head first into the hobby. I have the boehmei and porteri still, the GBB matured within 8 months and passed shortly after.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
My first was a 1/2 inch T. vagans sling that I named "Phyllis" . He's now a mature male named "Phillip".

Dman

Arachnosquire
My first was Psalmopoeus cambridgei and to this day I love the genus and will have a P. Cam in my collection at all times. Not the best NW beginner but a bad ass large arboreal.

MoonageDaydreamer

Arachnopeon
My first T has been 12 T’s. I went to keep up with a old member here for my first and he showed up with all of them to give to me. He said he miracled me. He gave me a B. albecips, B. hamorii, B. auratum, B. boemei, B. klaasi, B. emilia, he gave me also a wild caught smithi but an admin on Facebook said it looked like a hamorii, he also gave me a G. pulchra and a G. rosea
Most of them are female except for 2 of the klaasis. I have 3 klaasis. I have someone who wants to do a trade for one of the klaasi for an H. chilensis

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I think Avicularia Avicularia and Brachypelma Boehmei were my first two.