Your Beginner Tarantula.

Lycan

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma smithi adult female about 15 years ago, I have been away from the hobby for a few years, bought a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens juvie last week, glad to be back.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Brachypelma smithi adult female about 15 years ago, I have been away from the hobby for a few years, bought a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens juvie last week, glad to be back.
Welcome back!!

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
My first was a 1/2 inch G. pulchripes sling, bought as a Valentine's gift to myself two or three years ago. She was lovingly named Spood, back when I thought I was only ever going to have one T.

My first was a 1/2 inch T. vagans sling that I named "Phyllis" . He's now a mature male named "Phillip".
I'm kind of upset that his name isn't still Phyllis

My first T has been 12 T’s. I went to keep up with a old member here for my first and he showed up with all of them to give to me. He said he miracled me. He gave me a B. albecips, B. hamorii, B. auratum, B. boemei, B. klaasi, B. emilia, he gave me also a wild caught smithi but an admin on Facebook said it looked like a hamorii, he also gave me a G. pulchra and a G. rosea
Most of them are female except for 2 of the klaasis. I have 3 klaasis. I have someone who wants to do a trade for one of the klaasi for an H. chilensis
I think saying he "miracled" you is an understatement :eek:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I'm kind of upset that his name isn't still Phyllis
Lol, if it makes you feel better I do have 2 mature males that I didn't change their names, "Iris" and "Violet" and I have another confirmed male juvenile named "Rosie" :)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Mine was a 2" Grammostola porteri, sold as rosea, four years ago. She's now 3" XD
I feel like this is the story most of us have, with variations on how long ago. The classic "rose hair tarantula from petco" definitely sparked a lot of people to pursue this hobby.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Getting Back into the hobby, after TOOOOO many years away.

I've got the disease bad...my wife thinks its terminal (Yeah she's none to happy about the spiders). Grand kiddos love it and are showing signs of the affliction as well. DEE470F3-23D7-4818-A1EB-5F5A1876E5AC.jpeg

594E7283-369B-43E1-9A76-97229B9C4FFE.jpeg

SquidStina

Arachnopeon
I ordered a jumping spider and got my first T as a freebie. I got a 1/8" K.brunnipes sling. She was tiny and now she's a (still small) full grown grump that I only see every 2-4 months.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
G. Pulchra, A. Geniculata and a crazy C. Sanderi, a nice mistery freeby, she bolted like crazy when I opened the lid... XD IMG_20200211_190020.jpg IMG_20200127_220859.jpg Screenshot_20180713-234041.jpg

warnymph

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm also just starting out!
I'm hoping to get a Coremiocnemis Tropix (Rainforest Tarantula), probably as a sling. I'm in Australia so I have to start out with an Old World, which is a little scary, but apparently these guys are good for beginners because they're fairly small. Unfortunately, little is known about our tarantulas, but there aren't many choices here. They are definitely a beautiful little creature!
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 11.22.02 AM.png