Young amblypygi feeding

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My first captive bred whip scorpions have moulted off the mother, but i need to know how long they can go without food during this time. Everywhere i go is out of livefood and i can only get some next week :(
They moulted around 2 weeks ago i think, i've been chucking the few small fruit flies i had but im not sure if they've been eaten :(

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I cannot say for sure how long. I do know finding small food was a PITA. I bred crickets, and D. hydei because I could not get small enough food locally. Something to plan for in the future. Fruit flies usually stay visible though. If you are not seeing them, they likely were eaten.
Are you keeping communally? If so they will cannibalize if they get hungry.
Best of luck.

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes im keeping them communally, i've only last week came back from holiday, they were being looked after by a friend who had their own fruit fly cultures, i had my own D.melanogaster and D.hydei cultures although the D.hydei have died out. Ever since i've been trying to buy some more but the soonest i can get a new culture is tuesday :(
Hopefully they'll make it till then without canabalism.
Thanks for the help.

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is only a few more days, you should be fine. Use the D. melanogaster if you have them. Better to feed too small than not at all. Good luck!