you'll never guess...yep you got it ANOTHER OBT question

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i haven't seen my abult female obt in months...she's been in her substrate and webbing bunker for so long. she may be molting\molted idk. anyway, my questin is: how do you encourage shy T's to show themselves? she has no pre-made hide just the one she made. if i re-did her tank, and gave her a nice dark, cave hide, wuld she feel more secure in her hide and be more likely to show her self?.....or would she just do like my parahybana and "board up" the entrance with substate...thanks in advance for any advice.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i haven't seen my abult female obt in months...she's been in her substrate and webbing bunker for so long. she may be molting\molted idk. anyway, my questin is: how do you encourage shy T's to show themselves? she has no pre-made hide just the one she made. if i re-did her tank, and gave her a nice dark, cave hide, wuld she feel more secure in her hide and be more likely to show her self?.....or would she just do like my parahybana and "board up" the entrance with substate...thanks in advance for any advice.
Honestly, no matter what you do, you're not likely to see that species much.

They like their privacy.

darkavenger

Arachnopeon
Honestly, no matter what you do, you're not likely to see that species much.

They like their privacy.
I second this. I rarely see mine, but every once in a while she'll come out and explore all night. Mine is quite plump and hasn't eaten in a while but it's very cool to watch them hunt too. A trick that I used was to use a plant as a hide in one corner and they'll mold and web the leaves to there likin. Normally they web the leaves first and ignore the glass For a while cause my t room is pretty dark so even when mine is hiding and feels secure I can still get a peak at her if needs be.

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have several OBT`S and only two are out frequently and the rest come out at night and will shoot back into their hides quickly when they see any movement.I do not think there is much that can be done to make them come out more and is just an OBT trait.

Dreadz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Try turning out the lights for a while and she may come out. Yeah but this species really like their privacy and it doesnt matter if you put a hide in there, she will web it up anyway. My'n always makes their own hide from the substrait and webs.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am thankful that this is the one I see the most. But it has filled it's bottle with web layered 3 levels thick, normal, and disturbance causes immediate retreat, and a vanishing act. My LV on the other hand...I saw it's entier body for the first time, last night, in almost complete darkness...took a while for my eyes to adjust, in 3-4 months.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I have 3. 1 comes out anytime it fels like it( day or nite no matter), 1 comes out only at nite, the third comes out when its hungry and immediately retreats after eating.

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my OBT is usually hiding. She will hang out on top of her webbing every once in a while and quickly dash back to her hide if she senses me approaching.
I guess it proves you gave her an awesom home since she likes to stay in it most of the time :D

Den

Arachnosquire
Like many others said, it's really up to the T. Although it would be nice for my OBT to stay out in the open ALL the time and NEVER go in to her hide at least once, like my rose hair! :D

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
All OBTs I've ever had always made their own tubes/tunnels to stay in & never used any hides I offered them. I found that its best to just strategically place some rocks/plants/sticks in there and she will web around them to her liking.
And no, theres no real way to get them to come out. Either sneek up to her after dark with a flashlight, or hold a cricket in front of her burrow with some tweezers- mine always run out for food(for a nanosecond anyway lol).

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I've got a full proof plan.....

You want to see her really bad aye mate?

Well take her lid off of her enclosure and tap on the substrate around her burrow.
If this fails to.lure her out take a finger anyone you just don't like and start tapping around the entrance and inside her burrow. You'll see her then I promise. Then you'll come to realize you'll never want to see her again and enjoy her quiet burrow.=) ROFL

+1 on everyone above best idea is to offer food and turn the lights out. Shell more then likely come out.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I Have 4 OBTs, and the only one that I see out 90% of the time is my MM, my 3 females will sit half out of one of their burrow entrances, but thats usually after I turn the light off for a couple of hours.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
uhh she doesn't have a burrow with an entrance. it's just webbed up in the corner no way in or out.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Then you should be able to see her.....

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

There has to be a way in and out