YOU SAW IT COMING... Are you up or down with feeding a scorpion softies?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yep i know it, but would you like to live off ham sandwiches for the whole of your life, JUST beacuse its the affordable option?

the scorps depend on you for food, and when you change their diet, they get alot more enthusiastic, so im all for feeding vertebrates, though i wouldnt do it myself

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorpionidad said:
Yes, vertibrates. Insects= hard. Animals=softies. I call them softies for obvious reasons. The shot where I just "threw" the gecko at the scorpion was an illusion due to editing. There were some parts in the original shoot where my finger was in the way and editing my finger out made the gecko "jump" to his location. AND I do not have any remorse for what I have done in the videos. A bear catches a fish and rips it up still alive. A croc may take a long time to kill something, causeing it to die a painful death. You just cannot stop things like this from happening all the time. There are birds that would just love a nice juicy gecko and would not consider its pain. I care for my scorpions, keep them healthy, care for their food until feeding time. FOOD. That is all they are. The hamburger you ate came from a cow. Poor cow? Wah. All I am doing is feeding my babies something while saving a few bucks on the side. ;)
Unfortunately there is no one to prohibit you to play with animals, so you can do whatever you want and I it is pretty amusing that you compare yourself with a bird that has no consideration for a gecko {D {D {D
Those silly "in nature this happens, that happens..." arguments doesn't stand because ur not Nature and you are doing those things intentionally, not to feed your creature but to get amused...that's why I find it sad...all the people like you try to defende themselves with those nature survival argumets, I find it really silly...why you people just don't say "I like watching other animals die and I like watching my scorp tearing them apart!!!" because that's what I think you like...

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
yep i know it, but would you like to live off ham sandwiches for the whole of your life, JUST beacuse its the affordable option?

the scorps depend on you for food, and when you change their diet, they get alot more enthusiastic, so im all for feeding vertebrates, though i wouldnt do it myself
Do you have a scientific proof they need to feed with vertebrates??? Please, don't go talking about things you don't know nothing about...
I can tell you as a biologist that scorpion will live a happy and healthy life even if fed exclusively on invertebrates and I would like to point out that when they appeared on Earth there weren't really many vertebrates available!

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
fscorpion said:
I can tell you as a biologist that scorpion will live a happy and healthy life even if fed exclusively on invertebrates and I would like to point out that when they appeared on Earth there weren't really many vertebrates available!

Hi
you have proof that they are happy do you? you being a biologist qualifies you to say how happy scorpions are?

dont be silly..
i didnt say they needed vertebrate food, all i said was that they become more enthusiastic when they are given that option,
do you prefer steak or salad? think about it

tests on scorpions have proved that they are picky on prey, give a hungry scorpion a beetle and he wont eat it, give him a post-moult cricket and its eaten straight away (no references, sorry)

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorpionidad said:
Insects= hard. Animals=softies.
Insects are animals. In fact, they have the greatest diversity of any animal. If you look up the definition of animal, it should have a picture of an insect. There are probably over 10 million different species of insects, all of them are animals. A scorpion is an animal, but its not an insect. A cricket is not a scorpion, but it is an animal.

I know, you thought a scorpion was an arachnid. Well it is an arachnid, but its also an arthropod. All arthropods are animals. All arachnids are animals. All arachnids are arthropods. But not all arthropods are arachnids. However, they are all animals. :confused:

Scorpionidad

Arachno-overlord
Old Timer
I am comparing myself to a natural bird because I am indeed natural. Animals are of this earth. I am of this earth. We did not come down here from a UFO. We have every right to be here as animals do. The Earth gave us brains. We used those brains to get to were we are today. Some good things and some bad things came out of it. I am not trying to play god here, I am simply feeding my beutiful scorpions and a little lizard isn't going to stop me!

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorpionidad said:
The Earth gave us brains. We used those brains to get to were we are today.
Technically, the earth did not give us brains, we earned them through surviving and reproducing.

However you are correct, we are where we are today because of the earth.

Does anyone know where we are today?

You are correct....earth. ;)

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
Hi
you have proof that they are happy do you? you being a biologist qualifies you to say how happy scorpions are?

dont be silly..
i didnt say they needed vertebrate food, all i said was that they become more enthusiastic when they are given that option,

tests on scorpions have proved that they are picky on prey, give a hungry scorpion a beetle and he wont eat it, give him a post-moult cricket and its eaten straight away (no references, sorry)
Saying "happy" I didn't referred to the feeling of happiness that scorpions unfortunately don't possess, but I was referring to the fact that a scorpion fed with invertebrates will grow, reproduce and live a healthy life without deformations or disadvantages for its growth, and yes, being a biologist qualifies me much more to talk about scorpions physiology than people that are not...its like I tell a dentist " you being a dentist qualifies you to talk about gums!?!!?" well, I couldn't say that...even though mistakes happen, you might not know everything but some knowledge that I acquired allows me to state my phrase! So, I think it is totally unnecessary to feed scorpions with vertebrates! It won’t do them any harm, but they don’t need it, their diet in nature is based on invertebrates, their digesting enzymes are adapted to digest invertebrates…if you insist I will search for some studies about that…
And for the question "do you prefer steak or salad?" if I were vegetarian I would prefer a salad!

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorpionidad said:
I am comparing myself to a natural bird because I am indeed natural. Animals are of this earth. I am of this earth. We did not come down here from a UFO. We have every right to be here as animals do. The Earth gave us brains. We used those brains to get to were we are today. Some good things and some bad things came out of it. I am not trying to play god here, I am simply feeding my beutiful scorpions and a little lizard isn't going to stop me!
Did he eat the gecko from the video??? He didn't seem so hungry to me...oh, or you gave him the gecko to make a wildlife film??? Go fet them all... :wall:

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
dont be silly..
This applies to both my scorpions and my T's actually. I often have extra feeder lizards, as my carpet python is insanely picky as to what it eats, so my arachnids invariably get one every now and again. My Poecilotheria regalis, for example, actively stalks the cage whenever a lizard is introduced while she typically sits and waits in ambush as far as crickets are concerned.

Just my two cents... wanted to get it in before this thread becomes yet another 'I'm right, you're wrong' debacle...

Kindest kindest,

Kevin P.

Scorpionidad

Arachno-overlord
Old Timer
"insects are animals. In fact, they have the greatest diversity of any animal. If you look up the definition of animal, it should have a picture of an insect. There are probably over 10 million different species of insects, all of them are animals. A scorpion is an animal, but its not an insect. A cricket is not a scorpion, but it is an animal.

I know, you thought a scorpion was an arachnid. Well it is an arachnid, but its also an arthropod. All arthropods are animals. All arachnids are animals. All arachnids are arthropods. But not all arthropods are arachnids. However, they are all animals."

Yea. Its easy to try to insult ones intelligence by pointing out minute grammar/etc. mistakes but that is not where the real argument takes place buddy. So how about we continue with the real argument? :evil:

Scorpionidad

Arachno-overlord
Old Timer
fscorpion said:
Did he eat the gecko from the video??? He didn't seem so hungry to me...oh, or you gave him the gecko to make a wildlife film??? Go fet them all... :wall:
1.Scorpion didn't eat for a week or so (dont remember)
2.Caught gecko.
3.Thought "Maybe it would be cool to make a movie with this!"
4.Filmed it all.

:}

Last edited:

Scorpionidad

Arachno-overlord
Old Timer
Kid Dragon said:
Technically, the earth did not give us brains, we earned them through surviving and reproducing.
Thats what I'm talking about.

Scorpionidad

Arachno-overlord
Old Timer
Blasphemy said:
If all it needs is food then why not just feed it cheaper crickets or roaches and not something it doesn't need to survive? This was purely for entertainment and you know it.
Geckos are free. They are out at night in large numbers around my apartment therefore cheaper. :)

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Four posts in a row, and look at the time difference between the last two.
Bumping your thread?

Trolling much? {D {D

Scorpionidad

Arachno-overlord
Old Timer
nightbreed said:
Four posts in a row, and look at the time difference between the last two.
Bumping your thread?

Trolling much? {D {D
Alright "Judge Judy", I was at work when I typed a few. Then I showed a friend an A** hole's X-web site www.forsakethetroops.info to show him a streaming movie and typed some more. Then I took the wife to her optometry appointment witch took about an hour. The ride home was about a half an hour. Before you judge me take a look at you. More people play God then they know; Its God's place to judge not yours. :clap:

Scorpionidad

Arachno-overlord
Old Timer
We all have our own opinions. Nobody's opinion is any more right then the next mans (or womans). Next time we should try not to offend the other side when giving our opinions (im guilty too now...I only feuled the fire). It would be much more mature of us. I will leave this thread with one note: I agree to disagre and I hope you do to. :cool:

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorpionidad said:
Alright "Judge Judy", I was at work when I typed a few. Then I showed a friend an A** hole's X-web site www.forsakethetroops.info to show him a streaming movie and typed some more. Then I took the wife to her optometry appointment witch took about an hour. The ride home was about a half an hour. Before you judge me take a look at you. More people play God then they know; Its God's place to judge not yours. :clap:
:eek: Gadzooks man!
What in the name of Santa?
Judge Judy! {D {D oooh that told me {D

Look at the title of this thread, now read some of the stuff you have written, now IMO this looks, *sniff sniff* and smells like a troll.
If I'm wrong, I'm sorry but thats how you're coming across man. :(

By the way Gods a mythical being, so I doubt that he's judging much of anything right now.

Peace

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Didnt we cover this already ?....except last time i think it was a mouse instead of a lizard.

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, although I think it is harsh feeding creatures that feel pain live to another, those who get on the bandwagon had better be vegetarians or they cannot opeen their mouths one bit.

You cannot try and put the thread starter down for playing god and the nature debate is old and lame etc.

Its closer to nature than rearing livestock in filthy conditions then killing them [or sometimes not due to machanical error] then processing them for YOU lot to eat.

Im a happy meat eater, and not some animal rights nut, just dont go off on one about the rights and wrongs of eating one creature when 95% of us are guilty of bringing pain and suffering to countless animals anyway.

Kid Dragon, please stop yourself with your pseudo-intellectual bs its very sad.