You might be hooked on scorpions if...

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They've got a thread similar to this in the tarantula section, so I figured why not post one here? So, you might be hooked on scorpions if...

-You spend more time with your scorpions than with other humans.
-You can't help smiling when people marvel at you for keeping "poisonous" animals such as scorpions.
-You managed to get your 8-year old brother hooked on scorpions and the like.
-You have money saved up for kick-ass speakers, but you contemplate blowing most of it on more scorpions.
-Your breeding pair of P. imperator is your pride and joy.
-You brag to your friends about how well-behaved your scorpions are.
-You revolve your plans with friends around your P. imperator feeding and misting schedule.
-You explain to your dad how scorpions are NOT "just bugs".
-You've already planned out what scorpions you'll keep in the future.

Please feel free to chime in! :D

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some of those things suggest that one is already "hooked" on scorpions.

Also, if you read literature on scorpions, you might be more interested...

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Ive had a couple people comment on how its weird that I have a bunch of Tarnatulas. Nobody has ever said anything other than, "AWESOME!!!" about my emp scorpion.

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
-When everytime you find a scorp that you don't have, you don't buy just one, but you buy at least a pair so that you can breed them.
-When you have a small room (like myself), and you have aquariums stacked in every corner and space so you can fit more scorps.
-When your main conversation topic with you girlfriend is how your scorps are doing and your plans on scorps you are getting.

callum b

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Keister;2008872-When your main conversation topic with you girlfriend is how your scorps are doing and your plans on scorps you are getting.[/QUOTE said:
This bit may mean I may be 'hooked on scorpions' but it's definately not the right thing to talk about with your GF, at least mine anyway.

Who would of thought a small, 8 legged creature could cause so much trouble haha.

I envy you if you really have an understanding other half that puts up with conversations about what your scorpions have been up to.

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This bit may mean I may be 'hooked on scorpions' but it's definately not the right thing to talk about with your GF, at least mine anyway.

Who would of thought a small, 8 legged creature could cause so much trouble haha.

I envy you if you really have an understanding other half that puts up with conversations about what your scorpions have been up to.
Eh she didn't have a choice but then I broke up with her because of other reasons which blew my mind.

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You may also be hooked on scorpions if words like "Leiurus quinquestriatus" and "Heterometrus swammerdami" are part of your everyday vocabulary.

Dracorex5

Arachnopeon
When you wake up at 5 am because thats when your scorpion decides she wants to be fed.
When you come home from school and work and spend an hour watching your scorpion pick at it's face and nothing else
You have an emotional breakdown when your scorpion won't eat for a week in a row (WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME SCORPION?!?!?! THESE ROACHES ARE MY LOVE FOR YOU)
You won't date a man who won't accept your arachnid friend
When people call your scorpions "bugs", you make a gross face and start gurgling at them

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When you use the word "gravid" when your girl is pregnant instead of using the term pregnant.

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This topic almost makes it sound like "scorpions" are some new designer drug or possibly the a new word for phonics...

Sir Aculeus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When you use the word "gravid" when your girl is pregnant instead of using the term pregnant.
OMG lol ..... I think my andros and parabuthus are cute. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tell her...she will be gravid soon since you already molted to 8th instar mature male ready to mate hahahaha!

Good scorpion terminologies!

OMG lol ..... I think my andros and parabuthus are cute. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Furret

Arachnosquire
That is all me right there.
It's funniest when you make new female friends and you start talking about the kids of animals you have.
"What kinds of pets do you have?"
"I have a cute little pomeranian, two kitties and a guinea pig. How about you??"
"I have three emperor scorpions, four tarantulas, Madagascar hissing cockroaches, and a bunch of reptiles."
"OMGOMGOMG YOU HAVE SCORPIONS AND TARANTULAS OMG AREN'T THOSE POISONOUS OMG WHAT IF THEY STING YOU OMG WON'T YOU DIE OMG THAT'S NOT NORMAL OMG WHY DO YOU KEEP THOSE OMG"

Story of my life :)