You know you're an insectophile when...

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
...hundreds of baby mantids randomly appear in your car and you aren't the slightest bit baffled.

Yeah, I stupidly left an ootheca in my car and it hatched. I rescued about 15 and found about that many dead ones.

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that happened once in my room..left an ootecha in an opened box.. one day came back from school, went at my computer and saw a small mantid on the screen.. then right behind it one on the wall.. then i realized my whole room was damn full ...lol... took a while to catch them all..

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah...it's the dumbest thing I've done in awhile.

Besides not initially realizing I totally ripped off Pennywise's 'You know you're an arachnophile' thread that I've posted in no less than 20 times.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So . . . freshman year in college . . . I come home for Memorial Day weekend. I find a European ooth in the yard and bring it inside to take back to school with me.

Middle of summer, staying at my dad's, and I get a call from my mom. Apparently I forgot the ooth. Apparently there was one fat survivor.

Aren't I lucky to have an understanding mother? :D

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I almost had a room full of 60+ Dolomedes triton "fishing spiders" last summer lol...WC female laid a sac and I wasn't paying much attention til I came home one day to find what seemed to be hundreds of 1mm long spiderlings all over inside the tank and just outside of it in a mass of webbing lol. I didn't want them so I stuck the tank outside for a few days...brought it back in and she laid ANOTHER sac lol. Stuck her and the tank back outside and let it hatch and kicked her out of my house :D