you know you're addicted when...

pancho64

Arachnopeon
decided to start this thread when I started to notice all these different signs to mark the addiction to this consuming hobby. so what do u think depicts your addiction? ill start....you know you're addicted when you have a dedicated credit card for all hobby related purchases.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you know you're addicted when every store you go to, you look for stuff to use as enclosures or decor.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you know you're addicted when every store you go to, you look for stuff to use as enclosures or decor.
I do that!! Everything I see is a potential hide or piece of tank decor. {D I always loved craft stores, but they're a whole new joy to me now.

You know you're addicted when the last thing you do before you walk out the door in the morning is look in on all of your Ts, and the first place you go when you get home at night is to the T-space.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you know you're addicted when:

A. you have more than 1 T
B. you have branched out to purchasing other inverts (scorpions for example)
C. you can talk to someone for more than 15 mins on the hobby

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
decided to start this thread when I started to notice all these different signs to mark the addiction to this consuming hobby. so what do u think depicts your addiction? ill start....you know you're addicted when you have a dedicated credit card for all hobby related purchases.
true or when you Shell out about a grand to update your stock list lol......saying to yourself once they breed you'll make it all back!!!!!!:wall:

pitpider

Arachnopeon
i do this

i do the same thing, my wife hates it, i think of ways to turn everything in to tanks. but iam never aloud.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1. you vist this site at least three times a day, and look through every new topic in every catagory

2. most of your saturdays are spent with a tape measure thinking things like "well if the 2.5's moved sideways, and those vials were stacked, then I could squeeze in one more 5.5gallon."

3. you can't go three days with out stopping at a pet store

4. you go through at least 100 crickets a week

5. you check Botar's Swift's and Reptist's sites once a day incase of updates/new arivals

6. you count down the minutes to the reptile show thats six months away

7. you care more about your inverts than your reputation at school

8. all the vials in your house have air holes

9. every time you walk into a pet store all the clerks have to ask is "how many crickets today, 8 doz right? "

10. you've ever thought of paying $300+ for a single T

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you know you're addicted when:

B. you have branched out to purchasing other inverts (scorpions for example)
I wanna get scorpions in the future ans some millipedes. I' m also interested in other insects. :D

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
true or when you Shell out about a grand to update your stock list lol......saying to yourself once they breed you'll make it all back!!!!!!:wall:
ROFL!! 'strue! {D

...when you start eating yoghurt so you can get the tubs! {D

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well after reading these posts I might as well come claean!!
Hi im Mikael... Im an aracnoholic :razz:

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was addicted once, So I took up smoking and it Definitely killed my T - Addiction. :cool:

lol jk

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Since there's a joking thread on the matter, I'll make a serious post.

I am a mild addict. I have well over 100 inverts (not including colonies) on a 7 foot high by 3 foot wide by 2 foot deep shelf in my bedroom, which takes about an eighth of the avalible space.

I am going to be spending a good deal of money at arachnocon. The only things that keep me from saying that I'm a full addict are:

1.) I am in college to be an entomologist, so it really does pay to have my own private zoo of invertebrates because I do use them as visual aides on various projects.

2.) Some inverts aren't commonly observed (such as the wasp colonies I'm famous for keeping), so there are many opportunities for me to observe new behaviors.

3.) I know my financial boundaries and I will never use a credit card to pay for my purchases. I always make sure I have the money in hand and use that cash to buy my purchases. This is why I usually pay with a personal check or even more commonly, a money order.

This hobby could very easily be classified as a proper addiction, akin to alcoholism...especially if you keep buying inverts and don't have time to care for them properly.

Which reminds me...I have containers to wash out before acon.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You walk into your gravid mamas' room singing, "I like bit butts..."

You do a booty shaking strut while you sing it.

Your husband has ever called you at your sisters' house to say he can't find the L. parahybana to take a picture of her, and you can tell him from memory exactly where to find her in a room of over 300 tanks.

thebugwife

Arachnopeon
When the you see the mail carrier holding the box way out in front of him cause he figured it out....