you know you're addicted when...

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think for me the addiction came about when I lose the ability to say no to any of the awesome species that I come across.

Or...

When you spend as much time on Arachnoboards as your highschool neice does on Myspace and Facebook.

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When you spend as much time on Arachnoboards as your highschool neice does on Myspace and Facebook.
LOL!! I was just realized the same thing yesterday! arachnoboards has replaced facebook indefinitely...

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL!! I was just realized the same thing yesterday! arachnoboards has replaced facebook indefinitely...
after reading this I realized the same for me. :rolleyes: I don't go to facebook unless I get an email saying someone messaged me. lol.

other than that, you know when you're addicted when you have to restrain yourself from "T" talk with your arachnaphobic friends/family, you have to take a second to remember what the common name is when taking to someone who wouldn't even recognized the G. Rosea, when check on your Ts when you wake up in the morning, a few times during the day, and than at night before you go to bed. and you feel compelled to buy more Ts even when the family says no more. :rolleyes: (I only have two, thats not nearly enough!!!)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess for me I realized I was addicted when I began ordering more T's without permission from my wife! It is easier to apologize than it is to ask permission!LOL:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
Haha, my mom thought I was getting one instead of five!! She was fine with it when she saw how pretty and small they were. She's just happy I don't catch widows anymore. X-D

You know your addiced when you buy a T without checking your containers. Then look about the room, "Where can I put this one?" Then you take the T with you to the Dollar Store to find a container....

I had a whole story until the internet froze now I'm too lazy. Grrrr...

bdprice1968

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You know your an addict when your one year old can already say "dider"
You know your an addict when you ask your wife to turn down the stereo because of the vibrations.

B

Last edited:

tin man

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you know when your addicted when you rearange your room so you can fit more T's in there lol

Dragonfroggy

Arachnopeon
You know your addicted when you can't sleep and you get up and go into the spider room with a flash light to peek on your T's. And your on AB at 2:13 in the morning. :)

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a whole story until the internet froze now I'm too lazy. Grrrr...
STORY! STORY! STORY! :p

further, you know you're addicted when your officemates catch you on AB or watching mating vids on youtube, and you enthusiastically explode in banter of the dangers associated with mating, the exact location of the epigastric furrow, and tilt your head when they ask questions like "so... they don't spin webs right?" and "they don't bite you?" {D

BIG D3Z

Arachnopeon
you know your addicted when i just bought my first scorpion and now im looking evry min of the day for a T online and have never had one. il be bankrupt by the time im 25

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When your wife/girlfriend heard you once scream "Brachypelma!" in your sleep

now THAT WAS HILARIOUS... I imagined it literally, and laughed so loud
I woke up my toddler...

You know you're strictly addicted when you fit your next T into your budget even before your cable bill or supermarket trip, and think it's okay to deal
with the consequences of that..

or when you'd literally give up 99.9% of your belongings if need be,
before thinking of giving up your Ts or the hobby...

dam I <3 my Ts..

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know your addicted when you look at roaches and say "those roaches look tasty!" {D

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
'You know you're addicted when even the pet store workers gasp when you order crickets (or roaches)'

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You know your addicted to the hobby when you're filling out a form that requires someones name and you capitalize their first name but not their last name. i find myself doing this all the time at work, when i fill out a sales receipt or something and i put Barb jennings (just a name i made up) or Bill stevenson. lol

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you know you're addicted when every store you go to, you look for stuff to use as enclosures or decor.
i going to rehab ! damn my friend for betting i wouldnt hold that g. rosie!! i have went to finance companys to get loans to buy new ts .yeah i gotta problem! but atleast its not crack,right? and i havent started breaking in peoples house and trying to sell stolen goods yet. hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm .............just kidding

kc7wdg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i going to rehab ! damn my friend for betting i wouldnt hold that g. rosie!! i have went to finance companys to get loans to buy new ts .yeah i gotta problem! but atleast its not crack,right? and i havent started breaking in peoples house and trying to sell stolen goods yet. hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm .............just kidding
don't start smokin the molts to get high!
LOL
j/k

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last March I had one bought 1 B smithi sling at a reptile show........now I have 2 S subspinipes, 3 fishing spiders, 1 P audax, 3 OBT's, 2 H lividum, 1 H minax, 4 H albostriatum, 4 A genics, 4 A versis, 1 B smithi, 1 A chacoana, 1 B sabulosum, 2 N chromatus, 2 P transvaalicus, 2 S mesaensis, 1 B jacksoni, 8 L parahybanas, and 1 Malaysian Vinegaroon, oh and the Dubia and Turkestan colonies. I don't know what to say, I feel the only problem I have is lack of money!

blash

Arachnopeon
You know you are addicted when you start to breed cockroaches in your basement.