You know your really into inverts when...

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
"...When you can get into a heated argument about hybridization with a passing stranger..."

"...When you make jokes like, 'What am I, chopped sucking stomach?', and make up insults that only make sense to you because they are scientific names..."

"...When you catch yourself saying Brachypelma albopilosum and promptly reprimand yourself by repeating Tlitocatl albopilosus over and over out loud..."

Thanks,

Arthroverts

justanotherTkeeper

Arachnosquire
...when you find two of your male G. grandidieri brawling in their tub and you just sit and watch in fascination (and try not to pick sides)

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
"...When you run into the local dipterist at the grocery store and casually say 'I've got a couple thousand specimens for you back home'..."

...when you find two of your male G. grandidieri brawling in their tub and you just sit and watch in fascination (and try not to pick sides)
I'll raise you an Archiblatta!

"...When you eschew cock, fish, bull, and dog fighting, and go for the real action: roach fighting..."

Thanks,

Arthroverts

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron
...When your friends say they're afraid that when they go outside you'll jump out from a bush talking about USDA\APHIS regulations
...When your brother buys you a millipede shirt
...When you have to purchase a second humidifier because your invert collection has expanded to two rooms and you have to make the third floor of your house tropical
...When you voluntarily take in 400 hissers to help your boss

Last edited:

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
...When your friends say they're afraid that when they go outside you'll jump out from a bush talking about USDA\APHIS regulations
...When your brother buys you a millipede shirt
...When you have to purchase a second humidifier because your invert collection has expanded to two rooms and you have to make the third floor of your house tropical
I don’t have a brother but if I did this is the kind of brother I would want 😂

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
"...When a mite or springtail crawls across your phone screen and you try pinch-squeeze to zoom in on it..."

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Jess S

Arachnobaron
When an arachnophobic colleague/family member sends you to get rid of a spider, then says "is it gone?", and you lie and say "YES".

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
You know you’re really into inverts when..... you vividly dream about having to physically correct someone’s Ephobopus cyanognathus enclosure that was set up like an arboreal

.....and you really really know you are when you are speaking the Latin nomenclature as well as family and sub family names to the keeper in the dream.

Fossorial Latin Dreaming 😴 💭

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
When you have to go to the forest because you ran out of supplies for the millipedes. When you have 15 dollars saved and you think, almost have enough for another isopod culture.