You know your really into inverts when...

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
When ''go shopping'' literally means turning upside down various rocks and logs in the forest, so as to collect those interesting critters that live underneath! And discounts are valid all year-round!

(''Oh, look! Some brightly colored Armadillidium atticum specimens and a bunch of fancy diplopods that I have never seen before! Take my credit card Mother Nature, you have the full right to bankrupt me!'')
And since you are in Greece, you will have plenty of shopping opportunities...
Ever found Glomeris balcanica?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
"When at 5yrs old you wanted to be a spider for Halloween.....and at 28 you wore the same spider head mask for Halloween.... becuase you still want to be a spider for Halloween".

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
When someone complains about dirt being everywhere, and you're like "So? It's clean dirt!"

When you come downstairs in the morning and say "Mmm, smells like dirt in here!"

Xeroporcellio

Arachnosquire
And since you are in Greece, you will have plenty of shopping opportunities...
Ever found Glomeris balcanica?
Well, with about 239 isopod (of which 60 are Armadillidium), 168 diplopod and 110 chilopod species, you could say that there is something for all tastes in this ‘’shop’’! ;) Personally, I am more of an isopod fan, so with around 14 species in my collection I have A LOT to ''buy'' yet! :p

I have never found Glomeris balcanica. The species has a relatively restricted distribution in Greece, comprising only some regions of Greek Makedonia and Thrace. Living in Athens and having from one side the pandemic and from the other my busy schedule, I don’t think that I will meet this species soon... However, I may stumble upon Trachysphaera coiffaiti, a cavernicolous and probably endogeus species currently endemic to Attika.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Yes definitely! I was thinking particularly in isopods there is a great variety to be found there.

Interesting, good to know. Best of luck in your searches, and I know who to call should I visit Greece and want to see more than just history ;)...

Thanks,

Arthroverts

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
When your friends know you keep tarantulas so they ask you “what kinda spider is this” for every arachnid they see thinking you’re the person who obviously knows what every spider in the world is.

Dead Blue Deer

Arachnopeon
When each outing into the woods/desert/landscape culminates in bringing home new (and free!) pets

When your partner sets aside vegetable scraps "for the buggos"

When you take home extra plastic containers from the grocery store to house said free pets in

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
when your in a grocery store and you can see the potential of a sling cage in every plastic snack container soon as the mixed salted nuts ,trail mix etc. is eaten or dumped out.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
When your significant other knows that initiating feeding time, talking about buying spiders, or just talking about spiders in general will get you to instantly drop whatever grudge you're holding.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
we're not, go read some other threads.
I read. Your smart aleck game will never be on par with Dom's. Fun to watch you try though!

Hopefully a mod will come along and delete this little exchange, we're mucking up Arthroverts thread.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
"...When you go to type 'California', and autocorrect keeps changing it to californicus, californica, californicum..."

Thanks,

Arthroverts

rosenkrieger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When your friends know you keep tarantulas so they ask you “what kinda spider is this” for every arachnid they see thinking you’re the person who obviously knows what every spider in the world is.
And most of the time you can still identify it.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@RezonantVoid

"...When someone writes 'Anime' and you assume they just misspelled Aname..."

Thanks,

Arthroverts

P.S I really cracked myself up on this one; y'all may not find it funny but it was just hilarious for me to think about.