You know your really into inverts when...

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
"...When you're crazy enough to try and feed Nauphotea cinerea to OBTs...after just getting two vaccines in each arm..."

Thanks,

Arthroverts

paumotu

Arachnobaron
When you begin to wonder what lives under the rocks in your neighbors garden.

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
When you begin to wonder what lives under the rocks in your neighbors garden.
I know this one too well... get anxious every time I think abut all the cool stuff I'm missing under the debris along the side of the road. If only that leaf pile were a foot closer to the fence...

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
your room is hotter than the rest of the house, and there are crickets chirping nonstop and at night a bit of clinking of exoskeleton can be heard.

NorseDad

Arachnopeon
All part of my one year journey into T's.

-When you've sent your family so many tarantula pics in group chat that they run out of "kill it with fire" gifs and have moved onto Spiderman gifs.
-When people question what the ominous bins are in your living room and you reply, "Oh that one's the roach bin, and that one's the dirt bin."
-When your response to a family member saying there is spider in the house changes from "I'll kill it." to "SWEET!".
-When you lose a sling and your SO gives you a hug and asks if you'll be okay.
-When you tell your family that you're looking to get a T. stirmi and excitedly explain that it "can get 11", has really potent barbed hairs, and can hiss" like it's a good thing.

Lea

Arachnopeon
...when you complain in the accommodation review that the previous reviews about spider and insect infestation weren't accurate.
(I felt so cheated, really)

Last edited:

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
When you need to explain to airport security that your nets and pooter are indeed simple tools for collecting inverts, not instruments of international terrorism.

Last edited:

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
did that actually happen?!
Yes, the airport websites unfortunately did not have any guidelines on this sort of equipment. They pulled my suitcase over at the screening and asked me to explain what it is.

I stated that it’s equipment to collect insects and invertebrates. I probably would’ve been better off telling them it was sports stuff as they gave me a look of apprehension. The reasoning behind this was so alien to them that I don’t think they believed me.

I was mildly interrogated over what ‘substances’ I intended to keep in my tub and there was even a small thread of reasoning that I would bludgeon someone over the head or smuggle something in my sweepnet.

Then my pooter was believed to be a bong, etc. I eventually just stuck it all in carry luggage, didn’t stop them from cutting the butt of my sweepnet handle (hollow metal) to ensure nothing was hidden. They were of course just doing their job but the likelihood of me disguising a terroristic plot with an attention drawing cover instead of in a toiletry bottle or golf kit seems rather low.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yes, the airport websites unfortunately did not have any guidelines on this sort of equipment. They pulled my suitcase over at the screening and asked me to explain what it is.

I stated that it’s equipment to collect insects and invertebrates. I probably would’ve been better off telling them it was sports stuff as they gave me a look of apprehension. The reasoning behind this was so alien to them that I don’t think they believed me.

I was mildly interrogated over what ‘substances’ I intended to keep in my tub and there was even a small thread of reasoning that I would bludgeon someone over the head or smuggle something in my sweepnet.

Then my pooter was believed to be a bong, etc. I eventually just stuck it all in carry luggage, didn’t stop them from cutting the butt of my sweepnet handle (hollow metal) to ensure nothing was hidden. They were of course just doing their job but the likelihood of me disguising a terroristic plot with an attention drawing cover instead of in a toiletry bottle or golf kit seems rather low.
I have had the same thing happen to me!! I always get such puzzled looks!! I even had dried specimens and they were so grossed out that they just looked at me like I was the weirdest guy on earth and let me go through. Its always enjoyable to watch their faces as they look on in my bag with such puzzlement, confusion, and then shock.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
..."When your spouse finds coco fiber in the bath tub..."

Hey all, you know the drill. Keep it clean, keep it cool, keep it funny. Let's see what ya got. Maybe we can do a giveaway for the best one one of these days.

..."because the sink just wasn't enough."

Thanks,

Arthroverts
“When your coworkers bring you random spiders they have found in their house/garage/car/kids hair/shoes in some type of beverage bottle turned into a makeshift enclosure to work as presents”

Arthroverts

Arachnoking

What's funny is this means it's probably easier to take live invertebrates with you than the stuff you use to catch them.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Xeroporcellio

Arachnosquire
When ''go shopping'' literally means turning upside down various rocks and logs in the forest, so as to collect those interesting critters that live underneath! And discounts are valid all year-round!

(''Oh, look! Some brightly colored Armadillidium atticum specimens and a bunch of fancy diplopods that I have never seen before! Take my credit card Mother Nature, you have the full right to bankrupt me!'')