You know your really into inverts when...

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
Huh? What do you mean?

I've tried almost everything; the glue stays behind even with soaking, and then it looks just as bad as with the sticker.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
To get rid of the stuff left behind I use rubbing alcohol, I rub it while applying force and it can take a while but it comes off. If it is a really pesky mark I soak it over night in water with some dish soap. :)

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
"...When a random stranger walks by you and your friend...
'Tough luck. I'm sorry about the DKS. Tell ya what; I'll throw in an RCF OBT with a GBB, and then if you want the AGB and its enclosure, you can have it, in exchange for a couple GALS, the Pokie, and the X. immanis. The OBT will take a good mouse every...'
...and they assume your talking about computers."

(this one needs a little more work. I'm saving it here till I can come up with something really clever to finish it off)

Thanks,

Arthroverts

aphono

Arachnobaron
"...When a random stranger walks by you and your friend...
'Tough luck. I'm sorry about the DKS. Tell ya what; I'll throw in an RCF OBT with a GBB, and then if you want the AGB and its enclosure, you can have it, in exchange for a couple GALS, the Pokie, and the X. immanis. The OBT will take a good mouse every...'
...and they assume your talking about computers."

(this one needs a little more work. I'm saving it here till I can come up with something really clever to finish it off)

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Hah. For me it'd be: something, whip collection/room, something with the person thinking I had a room filled with... entirely different kinds of interesting stuff..?

for anyone who might not get it- amblypygi fan here. :angelic:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
@aphono, you speak from personal experience, don't you :D.

Ah yes, this is me (not the significant other part however). I can never get the stickers to peel off right though, so it looks all messy and awful by the time I'm finished. Ah, the life of an invert keeper...

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Coconut oil will melt the glue left behind, I smear it on and let it sit overnight. Then wash it well with dish soap and water.

Synapze

Arachnopeon
When you say things like "That's not one of my flies" or "Can I have that container when you're finished?"

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
"...When you realize that you've been showing pictures of your latest addition to everyone on the subway..."

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
Ah once I went exploring for new morphs. Found about 5 cool pedes and put them in clear jars in a clear bag. I got a few weird looks on the bus, even from the homeless.

Tolaas

Arachnopeon
...when you have a Seinfeld/Newman type of relationship with the office's Orkin guy.

...when you may or may not have left a note on said Orkin guy's windshield saying, "We're coming for you. Love, the Ants."

...when you realize that "Coleoptera" would be a lovely name for a daughter.

...when you actually try to convince your wife of that.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Credit to @aphono for this one.

"...When your trip to Europe is planned around the exact dates and locations of the Hamm, Terraristikbörse, and other shows..."

Thanks,

Arthroverts

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
...When you view your paycheck as tarantulas/pedes you could purchase instead of bills you have to pay

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
When you feel the need to buy a new species of tarantula - even though you're already keeping over 100 different species of tarantula.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
"...When your bumper sticker looks like this: 'Just takin' on life, one invert at a time...'"
Or
"...When your philosophy for reptile shows is: 'Just taking the budget, one invert at a time...'"

Thanks,

Arthroverts

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
When family members gives tours to guests in your bedroom as if it's a museum and not where you go to be alone.

Last edited:

coniontises

Arachnosquire
...when you talk of strange Tenebrionidae while half-asleep, and wake up wondering why the ones you caught have suddenly "vanished"

Tolaas

Arachnopeon
When you hear yourself regularly using phrases like:
"You guys just don't get it."
or "Well, we all went through a bug phase, right?"
or "We both knew it would get out eventually. Now grab the flashlight and help me."