You know you are a tarantula collector if...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Sams has them for sure. That's where I got mine. Walmart has slightly smaller versions too. Definitely bigger than a gallon, but I couldn't tell you the exact size off the top of my head.
Think ik where im goin tomorro x3

---------- Post added 09-29-2014 at 07:24 PM ----------

I'm the opposite, I'm always excited to come back to my room after I've gone on vacation/left town for a bit because usually somebody has molted or rearranged the enclosure.
Me too. Infact iv got a job lined up where ill be out of town 3-5 days at a time sometimes. And the thought of coming back to find random molts or that someones in super heavy premolt or has moved everything or made webs...

But you also gota look who your talkin to...

gobey

Arachnoknight
No harm in having the next 4 houses ready and setup for a my P. regalis slings right? I don't wanna be the guy putting it off.... Get that ish over with.

Until I doscover which of my patterned arboreals and which L.p. is biggest and on display most to make me by nice display enclosures, everybody else gets...... PLASTIC BINS WITH HOLES FROM THE STORE!!!! Yaya!

Ever feel like a tarantula slum lord lol. I have one enclosure with a bit of a patch on the top. Nothing at risk for the T. But it looks kinda ghetto. Dpllar store Tupperware. Get what you pay for. Works well though and inside is top notch for him. :)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
No harm in having the next 4 houses ready and setup for a my P. regalis slings right? I don't wanna be the guy putting it off.... Get that ish over with.

Until I doscover which of my patterned arboreals and which L.p. is biggest and on display most to make me by nice display enclosures, everybody else gets...... PLASTIC BINS WITH HOLES FROM THE STORE!!!! Yaya!

Ever feel like a tarantula slum lord lol. I have one enclosure with a bit of a patch on the top. Nothing at risk for the T. But it looks kinda ghetto. Dpllar store Tupperware. Get what you pay for. Works well though and inside is top notch for him. :)
Lolol ikr x3 i akways have a box ready for the next rehouses lol.. actually just picked one up for smithi which shes still to small for lol just because i liked it.. many times iv debated on setting uo a 20long for genic just "to be ready" lol

awiec

Arachnoprince

---------- Post added 09-29-2014 at 07:24 PM ----------

Me too. Infact iv got a job lined up where ill be out of town 3-5 days at a time sometimes. And the thought of coming back to find random molts or that someones in super heavy premolt or has moved everything or made webs...

But you also gota look who your talkin to...
Oh I know, I'm not old by any means but I'm still probably 8-9 years his senior so I have access to certain life lessons and resources that someone his age might not have :)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Oh I know, I'm not old by any means but I'm still probably 8-9 years his senior so I have access to certain life lessons and resources that someone his age might not have :)
Lol im not much older then him, maybe 5yrs tops, but i think iv got a few more years mentaly. As im 21 but 121 at mind xD

awiec

Arachnoprince
Lol im not much older then him, maybe 5yrs tops, but i think iv got a few more years mentaly. As im 21 but 121 at mind xD
I'm almost 23 but I am an old soul on the inside, besides all you can do is get better, no one has kept tarantulas and become worse at it as they've gained experience.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I'm almost 23 but I am an old soul on the inside, besides all you can do is get better, no one has kept tarantulas and become worse at it as they've gained experience.
Well.. we might have found the first lol they told me that about herps and iv seen ppl get worse there too because they get lazy... but yea im the same way XD old at mind young at body lol

goodyt

Arachnosquire
...can't keep pothos in a pot

...cringe when you hear the word "exterminator"

...feel you can differentiate anthropomorphism from the fact that you know your avic just wants to be held

...soften the blow by explaining to your new friend that what you really have are "land bettas"

...see things from your cat's point of view to stay ahead of them

...chase away tarantula hawks from the backyard where you your compost is

...become an extrovert when someone else says, "I have a tarantula."

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
...can't keep pothos in a pot
...soften the blow by explaining to your new friend that what you really have are "land bettas"
lol im not supposed to bury the pot? :p

and hah never thought of it like that.. but imo not quite XD maybe on the "misunderstood, you get totally wrong information and put them in the corect kind of cage or elese" kind of similarities lol

goodyt

Arachnosquire
I usually annihilate a pothos the second I get it home. Hopefully, with my new bush of the jungle plant, and some peat moss substrate that a 10+ year T keeper recommended, I should be in the green. :)

The "land betta" reference you made was actually pretty good. What I meant by it was that they are usually kept alone because they can be aggressive with each other and you really shouldn't pet them. ;)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I usually annihilate a pothos the second I get it home. Hopefully, with my new bush of the jungle plant, and some peat moss substrate that a 10+ year T keeper recommended, I should be in the green. :)

The "land betta" reference you made was actually pretty good. What I meant by it was that they are usually kept alone because they can be aggressive with each other and you really shouldn't pet them. ;)
haha how can you kill pothos XD i have some thriving in fish tanks lmao..

lol well.. ig your right... *stops petting my super friendly bettas in sorority tank*

goodyt

Arachnosquire
haha how can you kill pothos XD i have some thriving in fish tanks lmao..

lol well.. ig your right... *stops petting my super friendly bettas in sorority tank*
Lots of with cocoa fiber substrate will do it after tearing every piece apart for clippings.

Touché with the sorority!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Lots of with cocoa fiber substrate will do it after tearing every piece apart for clippings.

Touché with the sorority!
realy? hmm..i have one clipping in a rosea [who loves moisture dont judge me lol] and only 1 is dieing [well rly withering i guess] because every day i need to water iv positioned it funny and if i watered that one it would flow into the hide where she loves to sit. i ddint plan thatone out well XD maybe your coco has a high salt level?? no clue 3 home plants are in pure coco, one in a coco, water crystal mix at a friends [indoor their heats always running in that house] and only complaint iv had is "it doesnt grow much" maybe iv just got a green thumb with plants. XD

haha! touche indeed, and a planted community sorority at that ;P sounds like a time bomb to those unfamiliar, but its been running for over a 18months never more then a fin nip after the first month :)

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Darn young whippersnappers... You kids get off my lawn.

Unless you bring me tarantulas, geckos, or snakes. Then you may stay.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Did someone confuse Arachnoboards with their phone's text window? :wink:
Yoy mean the x3's? oh yea iv used that smile for years xD i also have a habbit of ; p and it makes something i dont immagine it as. Hah always editing my replies so i dont look like souch a weirdo lmao ^.^

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
x3 is a smiley? I thought it was "times three" or "X-sideways-scrotum" or something. Kids these days... :laugh:

gobey

Arachnoknight
x3 is a smiley? I thought it was "times three" or "X-sideways-scrotum" or something. Kids these days... :laugh:
It's not X sideways scrotum? I feel so old. It was back in my day. I'm on the wrong side of 20 now. :(

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
yup :3 was the original smile. and it evolved to X3 many moons ago on a game i played lol the 3 is supposed to be a "cute" grin the X is closed eyes lmao ig you gota be a young whipper snapper to understand lol