You know you are a tarantula collector if...

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
...when someone new is in your home and won't stop staring at something over your shoulder while you're talking to them, and you're honestly perplexed as to what they're so freaked out about. Then you glance behind you and see one of your 'favorites' pressed up against the front of their enclosure, grooming.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
heyy a collector has to start SOMEwhere.. LOL

I started with one like 2 months ago.. now we have 4.. I'm getting another one Friday and, with any luck 6 more 2 weeks after that.. haha.
True enough. Don't feel bad - I jumped into the deep end myself. Ask Chad / Michael :D

...when someone new is in your home and won't stop staring at something over your shoulder while you're talking to them, and you're honestly perplexed as to what they're so freaked out about. Then you glance behind you and see one of your 'favorites' pressed up against the front of their enclosure, grooming.
Ha! I love that! Happens every now and then when I have people here that check on the radiators, need to get to the roof (entrance to the attic is in my app) and the like. Especially when it's Phaedra making her grand-appearance :D

awiec

Arachnoprince
When you have nightmares about tarantula hawks getting into your tarantula room

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
It was terrifying, I know they can't live in Michigan but as soon as I woke up I checked all of their cages anyway.
im not sure what would be worse.. tarantula hawk. or actual baboons.. probably the baboon.. cursed opposable thumbs..

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
When the majority of your phone's picture gallery are epiandrois fusillae shots.

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 07:44 AM ----------

....When you have several paper plates with molted exoskeletons all over your house
Or you put a dried exo in the dish cupboard because you don't want it to get smashed, then forget you put it there. The next morning you open the cupboard when getting a cup and practically crap your pants because you think your obt is in there.

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 07:47 AM ----------

....When your smartphone auto corrects to the Latin names of spiders...
My kindle auto corrects vagans to vaginas and molted to molested ...

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
When the majority of your phone's picture gallery are epiandrois fusillae shots.

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 07:44 AM ----------

Or you put a dried exo in the dish cupboard because you don't want it to get smashed, then forget you put it there. The next morning you open the cupboard when getting a cup and practically crap your pants because you think your obt is in there.

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 07:47 AM ----------

My kindle auto corrects vagans to vaginas and molted to molested ...
Mine corrects aphonopelma to that particular word used to describe an anus. Which is funny because if I curse while using the speech recognition, it censors me o_O

Akai

Arachnobaron
when you buy 4 55oz Snyders Pretzels jugs from Amazon at $15 each not because you love the pretzel.... well you where i'm going with this. lol they make fantastic enclosures for arboreals and burrowers and the main selling point is the screw on lid. a lot of other similar size products like UTZ cheese balls use a plastic lift off lid like you'd get on a coffee can. needless to say, it's a HUGE box when shipped but thankfully i'm an Amazon Prime member so shipping is free. :biggrin:

Akai

Arachnobaron
when your grocery bill includes fruits and veggies for your feeder roaches because you plan on gut loading them so you can feed them to your tarantulas.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
when you buy 4 55oz Snyders Pretzels jugs from Amazon at $15 each not because you love the pretzel.... well you where i'm going with this. lol they make fantastic enclosures for arboreals and burrowers and the main selling point is the screw on lid. a lot of other similar size products like UTZ cheese balls use a plastic lift off lid like you'd get on a coffee can. needless to say, it's a HUGE box when shipped but thankfully i'm an Amazon Prime member so shipping is free. :biggrin:
Or you buy the medium sized Kraft peanut butter, not necessarily because you like peanut butter, but.....well, you know. The screw top lids are excellent. :D

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I also find that the treats jars from All Living Things works well, especially for arboreals slings.

awiec

Arachnoprince
when your grocery bill includes fruits and veggies for your feeder roaches because you plan on gut loading them so you can feed them to your tarantulas.
I swear my feeders and animals were eating better than me at some point, I was stuck eating ramen noodles while my three types of feeders got organic veggies.

Akai

Arachnobaron
I swear my feeders and animals were eating better than me at some point, I was stuck eating ramen noodles while my three types of feeders got organic veggies.
lol I know what you mean. nothing but organic for my feeders. i get a good deal on organic mangos and I usually buy a dozen at a time sometimes twice a week to feed my colonies and I usually go thru express checkout. i always seem to get the same cashier and she tells me "you must really like mangos. I see you all the time!" The only thing I can say is " You have no idea.". lol

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
lol I know what you mean. nothing but organic for my feeders. i get a good deal on organic mangos and I usually buy a dozen at a time sometimes twice a week to feed my colonies and I usually go thru express checkout. i always seem to get the same cashier and she tells me "you must really like mangos. I see you all the time!" The only thing I can say is " You have no idea.". lol
Lol i did that for a wiel ending last week..kept buying only oranges when they was on sale got same casheer.. she finally daid "well one things for sure ull never get scurvy. I chuckled she asked what i realy do with all these oranges i said ibhave feeder bugs.."pff yea right" so i showed her a pic on my phone.. she screamed bloody murder.. and wet herself... haha well ig now i should say "eat them, im on a diet."

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Lol i did that for a wiel ending last week..kept buying only oranges when they was on sale got same casheer.. she finally daid "well one things for sure ull never get scurvy. I chuckled she asked what i realy do with all these oranges i said ibhave feeder bugs.."pff yea right" so i showed her a pic on my phone.. she screamed bloody murder.. and wet herself... haha well ig now i should say "eat them, im on a diet."
LMAO!!! too funny.