You know you are a tarantula collector if...

truecreature

Arachnoknight
When no one will accept a delivery for yoy, no matter how nice you speak to them!
Lol my Fedex guy has arachnohobia and he doesn't like my deliveries.

And this is also true for people who are into taxidermy, I feel so bad for my post office lady when I get in a box of raw skulls that hasn't been packaged carefully enough in the summer...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Lol my Fedex guy has arachnohobia and he doesn't like my deliveries.

And this is also true for people who are into taxidermy, I feel so bad for my post office lady when I get in a box of raw skulls that hasn't been packaged carefully enough in the summer...
im being told...the outright disgust on my face as i read this, was priceless XD

truecreature

Arachnoknight
im being told...the outright disgust on my face as i read this, was priceless XD
Oh yeah, it's awful! There was one box that stank so bad you could smell it all the way down the street from behind the post office. They called me at 6 am to come pick it up, and oh god was I mortified. It's amazing it made it through the mail system at all. That seller definitely got put onto my blacklist

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
So, I take it some of y'all are also from the DFW area? On tonight's news, the weatherman showed a picture of a pretty big wolf spider drinking from a birdbath, but called it a tarantula. Within three minutes, he was telling people to stop tweeting him about how it's not a tarantula. I quote: "But it could have been!"

But it wasn't, bub. Stick to meteorology.

chrisacres

Arachnopeon
I think they meant using a red light for looking at them as opposed to using it as a permanent fixture?? Correct me if I'm wrong!

You know your a hobbyist when you disappear off into the bush during a romantic stroll in the woods to find materials for the 'au natural' GBB set up you're working on. Then, inevitably, coaxing your partner into lugging a load of old wood and stones home in her hand bag!

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Your wife re-labels your spider tubs with nonsensical versions of scientific names for her own entertainment.

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Geniculata= Jew lick a lotta, Albopilosum=oh bope a lope a, Grammostola pulchripes= grandma stole your polka piece.....I'll have to look to find the others but those were the major ones. I will learn to upload pictures one day.....the woman loves her label printer!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Geniculata= Jew lick a lotta, Albopilosum=oh bope a lope a, Grammostola pulchripes= grandma stole your polka piece.....I'll have to look to find the others but those were the major ones. I will learn to upload pictures one day.....the woman loves her label printer!
Lmao................!

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
That's great! obviously a keeper with that kind of humor.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Congrats!!^^^ Do we get an un-boxing video? LOL. The birth of my 2 children was the two best life experiences ever, nothing compares.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh yeah, she is and we just got married and are expecting...she got me a new order of slings for a first Father's Day present!!
Wow! Either she -really- loves you, or she's trying to bribe you :p (j/K)

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Wow! Either she -really- loves you, or she's trying to bribe you :p (j/K)
I've got my money on both!

---------- Post added 07-04-2015 at 01:13 PM ----------

Congrats!!^^^ Do we get an un-boxing video? LOL. The birth of my 2 children was the two best life experiences ever, nothing compares.
Haha, well this is my first child and I am feeling blessed for sure.....great wife, and a baby coming! Turning into a very happy year for us! Dang it if I did not just find out the sex of the baby and am struggling to keep my mouth shut until the baby shower....

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
When your eyes are blurry from looking at picture threads, sales adds, genus threads,
and you've filled a shopping basket on many web sites multiple times. Or you cant go a month without buying,trading for more ;)