1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

You know you are a tarantula collector if...

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Storm76, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Advertisement
    ...your spouse sees your posting about looking for a sling, and replies with "No more, please, make it stop!"

2. Storm76

Storm76 Arachnoemperor

...you sigh heavily whenever you see the "Help - my Avic is dying" threads.
    ...you cringe when some insane keeper starts talking to you about "handling the P. nigriventer without problems" - and telling you they're really calm.
    ...you can only laugh about your Acanthoscurria spp. remodelling their whole enclosure.
    ...you have to smile about people looking scared at the petshop employee when you ask to get a "closer look" at a specimen and its taken out of its enclosure for you to check.
    ...you consider putting one of the couple tarantulas in another room, since they wake you up every night with their tapping.

3. Medusa

Medusa Arachnoknight

...you see a spider in your house and immediately go for a magnifying glass and catch cup.

4. ...you have various catch cups, of various sizes, just in case.

...you are incredibly thankful that forums, and of course threads like these, exist at all. :)

..you are even more thankful that the OP found and bumped this thread. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. ...when potential food purchases are considered based on their ability to be re-purposed as a tarantula enclosure.
    ...when you need to store actual food and realize you have zero tupperware without holes in it
    ...when people ask you why you have your pets (seriously, no asks why when someone says they have a dog)
    ...when you scope out medical supply stores to buy foreceps for feeding time and scalpels in case of molt surgery
    ...when you have a separate stash of flour for tarantula emergencies

• Like Like x 2
  6. Neoza

Neoza Arachnobaron

thats a funny one!! :)

7. Medusa

Medusa Arachnoknight

• Like Like x 1
  8. XBabysinX

XBabysinX Arachnopeon

...when you tell your kids to get ready to go out and your 9 year old says "we are going to get another tarantula aren't we?" And while you aren't going out to buy one, you are going to look.

9. ...when you get really excited about finding a store in town that sells only plastic containers

10. Huck5

Huck5 Arachnopeon

... This I can relate to.

11. You just bought 150 deli cups & are now scratching your head, wondering if it will be enough :D

12. ...when you laugh at other people's arachnophobia (though you don't need to be tarantula keeper for this one)

13. Smokehound714

Smokehound714 Arachnoking Active Member

...Your mother/spouse/friends give you funny looks and it enrages you

14. You go to rehouse a desert species, but the cocofiber is still damp, so you sit there with a hair drier hurrying up the process before putting it in it's new home.
    -Just did this last night.

15. pyro fiend

pyro fiend Arachnoprince

Why not use the oven?

---------- Post added 08-01-2014 at 12:20 PM ----------

... after rehoming a T you see the old cup/enclosure as a taunt fir a new one saying "im empty fill me?"

16. pyro fiend

pyro fiend Arachnoprince

i got another one :D

..your looking new [human]housing options and notice a shelf in the closet too small for shoes and immediately think "oooo built in T rack" :D

17. Perentie

Perentie Arachnosquire

When the only thing you look forward to about going to visit family in AZ is the opportunity to go find inverts and reptiles.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

You know you are a tarantula collector if....

....you collect tarantulas.

Is it really more complex than this?:o_O:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Storm76

Storm76 Arachnoemperor

There are those calling themself "collectors" having only a single item of many :D

20. ratluvr76

ratluvr76 Arachnodemon

heyy a collector has to start SOMEwhere.. LOL

I started with one like 2 months ago.. now we have 4.. I'm getting another one Friday and, with any luck 6 more 2 weeks after that.. haha.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.