You guys seen this japaneese show battling inverts?

Johnny Savage

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yea, I've seen this one before. It's completely lame...the animals aren't interested in fightin' for the most part. And yea, it's messed up to fight animals like that.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
we should put that guy with this idea into the bloody thank with the exct size as those speciment. i absolutelyhate it whe ni see these stuff

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think this is sadistic and lame. I don't liking any animal fighting for "human pleasure".....dog fights, bullfights etc etc.....

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ok.... now, why is it morally permissable to cheer on our little monsters tearing apart living crickets and roaches... but fully hitler styles to have a centipede kill and eat a tarantula?

i have only ever been given one semi-reasonable answer which i will probably end up giving later on

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok.... now, why is it morally permissable to cheer on our little monsters tearing apart living crickets and roaches... but fully hitler styles to have a centipede kill and eat a tarantula?
It is morally permissable in that there is essentially no choice in the matter-they have to eat, one way or another, and so it is either feed ur invert or let it die. There is, however, a choice as to whether or not you put two creatures that would rather escape than fight in some crappy little glass tank and let them tear each other to pieces for human entertainment. Surely you can see the difference.

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The video isn't about eating, it's about fighting, for human entertainment. Comparing a predator/prey relationship to a contrived fighting match is not a valid comparison. When you are feeding a pet, you are doing something essential to their survival, using a small prey item that is quickly killed with no injury to the animal it is being fed to. When you pit two large, dangerous animals against each other, there is high potential for un-necessary injury, and worse still, this is being done for no better reason entertainment and enjoyment. Trying to say that feeding a cricket to a scorpion to keep it alive is the same as fighting a centipede and a tarantula is like saying that someone eating a hamburger is the same as bullfighting. Yes, the end result is identical - a dead animal. But whereas one serves a practical purpose, the other is done purely for amusement. That's where the "unethical" part comes in.

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
bug fighting is a big things over in Asia, Chinese use mantids, Japanese use beetles and other bugs they find. It's just a fun little way of watching things fight and cheering them on, now they're just doing it with global animals.

The theory sounds cool, big bad bugs facing off, but unfortunately the bugs are usually unwilling to fight etc. etc. and in the end you'll never get a real 100% savage battle between the two.

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you were to actually FEED your centipede a tarantula, it wouldn't be so bad... But to make them fight and then seperate them after the 'victor' is clear.. That's where people get upset.