You Guys Never Gonna Guess

GabGab

Arachnoknight
I literally found a A.Chalcodes FEMALLLLEEEE for 85$ on <edit> and I woke up this morning and they SOLD OUT :,( I wanted to wait to buy it but now I instantly regret waiting..

BUT BUT BUT, I might buy a B.Hamorii and a Avic Metallica.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Bummer. I was fortunate enough to pick up my AF a.chalcodes locally. Got her for $70

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Nobody sells T's where I live. :(
Lucky.
Fortunately where I live, the one shop that sells them, sells them for pretty cheap. On species that haven’t moved for a while I can normally talk to guy down on price, just so he can move them. Almost all of them are adult, which leads me to believe they are wild caught. But I’m not positive on that, just my theory.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Look on Craigslist daily. I just picked up a 2 inch g.pulchripes with setup for $50 I felt that was a great deal.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
A. chalcodes are widely available and are very cheap because of WC populations. You can buy an adult female ranging from 35$-50$. Sad to see you didn't get the female, but they're always coming around.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Sucks you missed your chance but you’ll have plenty more opportunities with this particular species. My local pet store where I get crickets from has one but they want way to much for it and it’s unsexed. They want I think close to 70for it. It’s set up completely wrong it’s a shame but I can’t pay 70 for an unsexed juvenile.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Fortunately where I live, the one shop that sells them, sells them for pretty cheap. On species that haven’t moved for a while I can normally talk to guy down on price, just so he can move them. Almost all of them are adult, which leads me to believe they are wild caught. But I’m not positive on that, just my theory.
No pet stores that I have at least sell spiders. Pet smart said they did and when I went to take a look they didn't have any :( "they claimed" to have a B.Hamorii. :/

Look on Craigslist daily. I just picked up a 2 inch g.pulchripes with setup for $50 I felt that was a great deal.
I honestly don't trust Craigslist for many reasons. My friend bought a couch from there and when it got "delivered" it was not what she was expecting 😂

A. chalcodes are widely available and are very cheap because of WC populations. You can buy an adult female ranging from 35$-50$. Sad to see you didn't get the female, but they're always coming around.
I'm always looking. :( Just in case the one I have now (in pre molt btw) is a male. But I'll keep looking!

Sucks you missed your chance but you’ll have plenty more opportunities with this particular species. My local pet store where I get crickets from has one but they want way to much for it and it’s unsexed. They want I think close to 70for it. It’s set up completely wrong it’s a shame but I can’t pay 70 for an unsexed juvenile.
70$?!? Oh jeez. I remember when I started this hobby I forgot what website I bought my A.Chalcodes from but mine juvnile was 50$. I'd buy it because I'd feel bad for it if it's in a completely wrong set up. Poor little thing :(

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I honestly don't trust Craigslist for many reasons. My friend bought a couch from there and when it got "delivered" it was not what she was expecting 😂
It is more so finding the right people on Craigslist than Craigslist itself being a poor platform. You just have to keep your head on straight and watch for those scam deals. I meet with the person in a safe public place, and don't pay until I have thoroughly examined what I'm buying to make sure I'm not getting short-changed. Plus, good sellers often have reviews, you just have to ask to see them.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I literally found a A.Chalcodes FEMALLLLEEEE for 85$ on <edit> and I woke up this morning and they SOLD OUT :,( I wanted to wait to buy it but now I instantly regret waiting..

BUT BUT BUT, I might buy a B.Hamorii and a Avic Metallica.

Too expensive!! Don't pay more than 40$ for an AF of this species.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
I feel like people raise the price since they are hard to come by when they all sell out. But, I'm still on the hunt.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I feel like people raise the price since they are hard to come by when they all sell out. But, I'm still on the hunt.
Except they aren't hard to come by. I dozens upon dozens at herp show. Listen man, just wait it out, be patient, Ts aren't going anywhere. I've waited years even over a decade to get a T that I wanted at the right price. It's not worth spending more money than needed.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Dang. Where do you find them that cheap? As I had mentioned, I pick one up locally for $70 and I felt that was a great deal especially once you factor in what it normally costs to have one shipped.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dang. Where do you find them that cheap? As I had mentioned, I pick one up locally for $70 and I felt that was a great deal especially once you factor in what it normally costs to have one shipped.
Herp shows. Yeah that's too much esp for a local pickup.

Last edited:

ErikElvis

Newb
I really want a A Chalcodes but have too many slings at the moment. I’d want to buy an adult but think it might take away the fun of watching the slings grow

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I'm glad you didn't buy it for $80. They're usually about $40.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I've gotten some amazing deals on Craigslist. All you have to do is ask them to send you a photo to make sure the species is correct. I picked up a young adult female Brachypelma boehmei for $45 once.

That being said, I always see MF A chalcodes at shows for $40 so I would not pay more than that.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Just ordered a Juvenile A. moderatum that will be coming tomorrow!!

VERY excited!! That specie flew to the top of my list recently!! 😍

Good luck finding your Chalcodes!! 👍

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just ordered a Juvenile A. moderatum that will be coming tomorrow!!

VERY excited!! That specie flew to the top of my list recently!! 😍

Good luck finding your Chalcodes!! 👍
Awesome! The A. moderatum is so beautiful, isn't it?