You Dream Set up

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Describe the tank and set up you would most love to have if money/space were no object. I'd say lets confine it to a single tank/species for now so things dont get too hectic.

And since this is my thread, I guess I'll start.

If I had money and space, i think one of those large corner aquariums would be sweet. I've no idea on size, but i think big sums it up pretty good.

Inside I'd keep one of the larger Centruroide species. Either Gracilis or Marg. Both are so very pretty :)

The tank would be filled with a large stump in the middle/back of hte tank by the corner. False plants might be best, but if moneys no object, i'd certainly load it with real plants. Some nice sticks and vines, and possibly some bark or something lining part of the sides of the tank by the walls to give climbing space.

Maybe a fogger or a small waterfall in one of the corners. Something to give it that lush rainforest look.

Well, thats my about what i'd like best if money and space was no object :)

Lets hear yours.

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a large cilindrical plexiglass tank with false rock stand where the tank sits in,and matching hood.vines,real tropical plants,ferns and definetly a fogger.cool grapewood branches reaching almost every part of the enclosure.on the floor of the cage would be live pillow moss.the occupant would be a p.metalica,although i now ill probably never see her.

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i know i know its not a scorp, but im still thinkin on that one,so stay tuned folks,lol

ReptileMan27

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats tuff because there is so many things I would love to do and so many species I would love to get :?. It would be awesome to have like a 75 gallon tank and have a bunch of different species in the tank but seprated by tank dividers.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
no you know what would be awesome is to have a food chain or a life cycle going on in a 100+ gallon tank, with two main predators that fight(not really fight but you know waht i mean) for their space (ex. 2 tarantulas or 2 scorps or 1 T and 1 scorp) obviously they would be the top predators in this cage then some lower insects or small herps then even lower and lower.

or what ive always wanted to try but WAY to risky is a P.imp/A.avic setup, with a tall 20 gallon or 10 gallon. have a water dish up high for avic and lower one for emp. you get the picture?

i dont mean to offend anyone with my ideas, of course ill never try em to risky, thats just my dream enclosure. tahnks and tell me what you think.

Last edited:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hmm, a mini cambodian or Vietnamese temple covered in moss as the centrepiece, and groves of bonsai tropical trees surrounding it!

species: Heterometrus spinifer!!

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've always wanted to fill a room with a sand and then have a little desert ecosystem going, complete with sand dunes and cacti and lots of scorpions, though it might be a bit impractical :D

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've always wanted to build a coffee table such as this one

mosses and other plants... water feature flowing shallowly from one end to the other ...and several Heterometrus... a few small UV tubes that can be turned on/off to help track down the scorps at night...

perhaps not having the setup is why i still have never had a Het...

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Christ that wouldn,t last long in my house,the way i threat saturday nights id be sleeping in with the gold fish :)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
a nice sized (75 gallon or so) tank with a nice communal set up, not sure of which species of scorpions to put in: M. martensii perhaps...

asher8282

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, im not sure how many gallons worth itd take, but id want a custom tank that was a part of the whole house, went in between rooms and the whole sha-bang-a-bang. it would have an automatic themostat / humidity system that was capable of matching enviromental conditions of the natural habitat by use of a computer, real plants, lots of rocks and hides, and would house lots and lots of scorps (and T's too maybe). i like the idea of puttin other critters in also to create a complete ecosystem. the tank would potentially have more than one habitat inside thus being able to house several spp. :D
its so sad ill never have this kind of money though... :(

this was a good idea for a thread, its fun to dream...

Last edited:

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tropical jungles are fun to build and cool to look at. I'd like to do something similar to what i have now, only larger. Im thinking i'd have some sort of crumbling ruins and debri, maybe similar to stone hedge, as the centerpiece/ hides. Plants would be mainly exotic orchids, lots of different of mosses, and maybe some vines. A hidden fogger would be cool. It would be packed full of c.gracilis or some other communal/arborial tropical species.

Last edited:

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oliver

I've always wanted to fill a room with a sand and then have a little desert ecosystem going, complete with sand dunes and cacti and lots of scorpions, though it might be a bit impractical :D

Sounds idea - large room filled with sand, rocks, coarse grasses and about 100 L. quins!

Luc

Sm0k3d

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would want a nice 60-70 gallon tank with a desert setup with some brush and cork barks with a custom false back with about 20 scorps of the same kind.

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My ideal set up would be a BIG tank, 6-7ft long, with a parcialy buried human or animal skeleton (artifuicial of course), in a tropical jungle envirment, with some kind of water feture runing through the center. plenty of groud huging plants and moss, the pelvis and skull would provide excelent and secure burrowing holes. A fogger would give it that final Hammer house of horrer look at dusk as my beauties come out to play.