You arent ready for this (scorpion feeding video)

Greenjewls

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What's the point of this? Neither of those are feeder animals.
Maybe a lot of people think desert hairy scorpions just eat house crickets in the wild, but they don't. In the spring they eat S. viridis while there are millions of them, because by June the ground dries out and 99% of the centipedes die. So this is a peek into the natural feeding habits of this animal that you won't normally get. Enjoy!

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe a lot of people think desert hairy scorpions just eat house crickets in the wild, but they don't. In the spring they eat S. viridis while there are millions of them, because by June the ground dries out and 99% of the centipedes die. So this is a peek into the natural feeding habits of this animal that you won't normally get. Enjoy!
Thanks for more of an explanation. You might be able to guess why some people would feel that putting such creatures together in an enclosed area, with so many similar videos being labeled or implied as "fights", would be wrong.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
You might be able to guess why some people would feel that putting such creatures together in an enclosed area, with so many similar videos being labeled or implied as "fights", would be wrong.
Especially if the channel is labeled "Venusian Bug Fights".

While I do understand that in the wild these creatures might prey upon each other and I have seen docus showing Hadrurus preying on Aphonopelma slings as they were exiting Mom's burrow, I find myself oddly butt-hurt over this video and the channel. It'd prolly be non-existant if this was an actual video or picture of this behavior occurring naturally.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Pretty irresponsible, really. Shouldn't be feeding your pets creatures that can fight back, especially venomous prey.

That centipede could have easily caused a fatal injury..

Centipedes are well-known for taking down prey much larger and stronger than themselves.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
So can crickets......non-discussion imo
I don't think so. I hear this argument all the time. Yes, crickets can RARELY harm a predator. However you're comparing a species with powerful, venomous killing claws, and the ability to kill prey much larger than itself with an opportunistic scavenger. I just dont see a cricket mortally wounding a scorpion unless it is of equal, or greater size, and even then any injury incurred would likely be due to negligence, like a freshly molted scorpion being left unattended with a bunch of lively crickets.

That pede could have turned the table VERY quickly on that hadrurus.

regardless, that video was made purely for shock-value, and was totally irresponsible.