Yikes!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A friend emailed me to tell me that a local pet store is selling a deathstalker, an Israeli gold, and an unidentified "Egyptian" scorpion. She asked the guy working there about them and he assured her that they were great pets and only slightly more aggressive than the emperor scorpions.

I'm considering a jailbreak.

Last edited:

JonDaAzn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sounds dangerous, you should send them a letter, or at least a written notice (and keep a copy) informing them what type of scorpion they have, and how dangerous it is, as for the egyptian one, could it be this?
http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/Pyramid1.jpg
its a pyramid scorpion, swifts says it could be dangerous

guesskatiejules

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh dear! This store could be selling dangerous specimens to people and telling them that they're great pets?! :eek:

That could be very very bad, if they're selling hot scorps to inexperienced keepers.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I haven't seen the scorps myself, so who knows what they might actually be. I'm really tempted to go buy them and then chew the owner of the pet store up one side and down the other for doing something so stupid. I know, I know, it's terrible to patronize these stores; I'm already giving myself that lecture. The only thing stopping me is that I'm not keeping scorps right now because I have a two year-old and no secure room for keeping hots in our current living quarters.

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Idiots all. Pet shops are no place for arachnids, especially not when Buthids are involved.

I'm sure that there are a few exceptions to the above, but they are certainly in the minority in my personal experience.

Kindest kindest,

Kevin P.

Div1nE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
go to pet store.

get stung by dangerous scorpion(s).

claim u did not know they were dangerous, and sue for millions.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I do personal injury law for a living (paralegal) and, trust me, you don't want to be hurt badly enough to make millions off of anyone. Besides, I am not about to willingly put myself in a situation to get stung by a dangerous scorpion.