Yikes! I vanished again?!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Sorry for my absense again. I went back to 70 hour work weeks for a while. I'm going back to college, which means too much free time again ;)

My tarantula collection has changed quite a bit since I last left. I went from 17 tarantulas, 1 true spider, 6 millipedes, and 1 centipede down to just five tarantulas. I picked up two new tarantulas from Todd Gearheart yesterday, though :) I thought I'd post a couple pictures to show how pretty they are.

The first is MY first B. smithi ever. You'd think I would have gotten one sooner, with how long I've been in the hobby, but it was worth waiting for :) It's an adorable little girl, just under two inches in size. VERY "pet-rock." She's coming up on a molt, so the colors are a bit dingy, but I still love her :)

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
The other spider I got is an A. metallica. She's just over 2" in size and has a great disposition. She's also got that adorable pink-toe-strut ;) Aside from her crapping all over me the first time I picked her up, she hasn't given me a single problem.

-Bryan

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
aww... welcome back man.
that A. metallica is beautiful!
yeah... i worked 60 some hours this week, and i dont' see an end for it anytime soon....

it's really tough to enjoy a large collection when you only have a couple minutes a day to even look at them... much less take care of them.

i've been wanting a B. smithi for a while.... they are beautiful spiders!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheEternal
The other spider I got is an A. metallica. She's just over 2" in size and has a great disposition. She's also got that adorable pink-toe-strut ;) Aside from her crapping all over me the first time I picked her up, she hasn't given me a single problem.

-Bryan
This behavior should be considered a sign of high favor rather than a problem ;) Beautiful spiders!

Joy

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheEternal

-Bryan

that's a metallica? it looks like an a.avic.... :?

kellygirl

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by kellygirl
that's a metallica? it looks like an a.avic.... :?

kellygirl
A avicularia have more of a greenish tint to them, if any. The A metallica is MUCH more of a blue, and is noticable without as much effort.

I was a bit surprised at the small difference, myself, in adults. I'd only seen the babies before yesterday. Babies are a BRIGHT blue, and I thought they kept that coloration for the most part. It's nice to see that they at least keep a beautiful blue sheen, though :)

-Bryan

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i didnt realize that metallicas had red hairs. well, ya learn something new every day! :)

kellygirl

p.s. welcome back!