Yiiiiiiiiiiiiipy!!!!!!

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In this very moment my first molt (well, actually it's not mine it's my Kali's) is taking place.....I came home from school to find her upside down with half her legs out of the old Xoskelton... Ow my baby seems soooooo fragile!!!!!!
I'll keep you updated (not that you'll get excited but I need to share my happiness)!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations :D
I know that feeling... I remember this first molt I have seen of my little B. smithi :) I was so excitied!!! :D

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
cool ^_^ im still waiting for my baby to molt :) good luck with urs

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think she has come out of the old Xosceleton completely now. I hope she cant eat it right? Cause I want to keep it.....

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am happy for you that she is alright after this molt :D
Don't worry she won't eat it. But it would be better if you leave her alone for some time now, beacuse she is very weak and nervous after her molt :) And do not leave any crickets or worms in the place you keep her, because after molt it can injure her.
Take good care of her :D

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congradulations!
I, like many others, remember coming across my first moult. It was so exciting. I understand where you're coming from.
And no, he/she shouldn't eat it. From what i've heard, it's extremely rare.
Paul

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well she looks great!, I slightly pulled the old skin out of the burrow and it is perfect. Any ideas on how to preserve it??? Maybe I'll use that spray women use on their hair.... BTW she has some red hair on her abdoment!!! Maybe she aint a T.Blondie after all :mad: I'll post some pictures maybe tomorrow.
See ya!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yay!
Congrates!

I use clear coat.
You can buy it at an automotive store.
Do it OUTSIDE, if you have a garage even better. But no fumes in the house.

Arange the exo while it's still moist enough to do so, or sit a warm moist but not wet paper towel over it if it's hard still.
Then gentle spritz a bit of clear coat on, let That flash ( set up) for ten minuts and then spray a good coat on, but Not to heavy. Make sure you do it gently and carefuly so the spray doesn't blow the Exo off the surface.

And makes sure you use a popcicle stick or toothpick or something to lift it a bit after spraying each time, so it doesn't glue itself to the surface your working on.

Practice a few times with a piece of tissue.
You'll get the hang of not blowing the tissue away or ripping it while lifting it.

Then do your skin.

It works for me. :)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have yet to experience my first molt with my Pinktoe. But it looks as though she's starting a countdown to molting. I'm hoping she molts when I'm at home but chances are she's going to molt while I'm at school. Either way, I can't wait to see how big she'll grow after her molt. I feel like a kid in the candy store right now I'm so excited.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
Thanks but what's a clear coat???:confused:
Automotive clear coat, or hobby coating.
You can buy it in spray cans where they sell automotive stuff.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Automotive clear coat, or hobby coating.
You can buy it in spray cans where they sell automotive stuff.
Is that like the hardening spray called Shelac you can get in most craft stores and Wal-Mart Supercenters?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Better then shelac.
It's urithan based and dries to a cleaner clearer better finish.
Doesn't yellow up like shelacs.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Better then shelac.
It's urithan based and dries to a cleaner clearer better finish.
Doesn't yellow up like shelacs.
Oh. I didn't know that Shelac turned things yellow after awhile. At this stage though I'm not too sure about keeping my Tarantula moltings like that. I'm obsessed but not that obsessed.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
(grins)

I used to custom paint cars so having a can of touchup clearcoat. Or layout clears is normal for my garage.

So it's what I used.
I preserve them for the twins so they can have them when older.
I'll prolly frame them for their room.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Genious,
My Kaja looks almost auburn colored, for a while after a molt.
Peace,
Gillian