Yet another FB haul :D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Sometimes I see people advertising Ts for sale on a local FB group. I went ahead, got in touch then headed across the city to pick up a few nice Ts today :)

Heres the haul -

0.1 Aphonopelma sp. malinche (serratum)
IMG_6820.JPG IMG_6823.JPG

AF Davus fasciatus
IMG_6837.JPG IMG_6838.JPG

Dolichothele diamantinensis

IMG_6819.JPG IMG_6817.JPG

1.0 Ybyrapora diversipes
IMG_6831.JPG

0.0.1 Avicularia purpurea
IMG_6828.JPG IMG_6829.JPG IMG_6830.JPG
(The most evil Avic I have ever seen, bit the brush struck at the tubs and was seriously out for blood)

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
AF Homoeomma(Euathlus) sp. yellow
IMG_6826.JPG

Another (hoping male) Psalmopoeus irminia
IMG_6832.JPG

Great photo I know heheh

I also picked up an AF Idiothele mira but no photo as it is tucked away. Hopefully get photos tomorrow during rehousing :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Jeez grats!!!!
Thankyou. It has been a busy week in the T room this week and its going to be intense amount of new arrivals and work to be done tomorrow. My social life has gone :/

...worth it for spiders though :D

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Thankyou. It has been a busy week in the T room this week and its going to be intense amount of new arrivals and work to be done tomorrow. My social life has gone :/

...worth it for spiders though :D
As long as ur happy!!!!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Your T game is 100
Thankyou man. I couldnt pass these up. I didnt even have the car tonight. I got a bus all the way from NW to southside and walked the rest from the stop, then got a taxi back with the horde heheheh

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
My luck with local FB sales have been 2.... 1 was a scorpion a kid was selling on a local online yard sale site... he bought it from backwater reptiles, was scared of it and wanted to get rid of it... paid $15 for what I've assumed is a C. vitattus. The 2nd time, I got a random message (thanks to FB's filter on messages from ppl you're not friends with...you don't see the messages right away) 2 weeks prior to me noticing a guy who needed to get rid of his G. rosea/porteri...Well I get back to him and asked him how much he wanted for it..they guy literally gave it to me, said he thought was a male (obviously way too big in size to be a male and no hooks) and gave me the 10 gal tank. So, I will definitely say that you are lucky to have that many finds! lol Beautiful Ts.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Nice score, BTW you have a beautiful Davus pentaloris....True D. fasciatus has never been in the hobby. See the newish paper from Ray Gabriel
pic of real D. fasciatus. It appears that there are 4 diff abdomen patterns (locals) now.
http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/index.php/Tarantulas/birdspiders_0890

Revised taxonomic placement of the species in
the Central American genera Davus O. Pickard-
Cambridge, 1892, Metriopelma Becker, 1878, and
Schizopelma F. O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1897, with
comments on species in related genera (Araneae:
Theraphosidae)
Ray Gabriel

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Nice score, BTW you have a beautiful Davus pentaloris....True D. fasciatus has never been in the hobby. See the newish paper from Ray Gabriel
pic of real D. fasciatus. It appears that there are 4 diff abdomen patterns (locals) now.
http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/index.php/Tarantulas/birdspiders_0890

Revised taxonomic placement of the species in
the Central American genera Davus O. Pickard-
Cambridge, 1892, Metriopelma Becker, 1878, and
Schizopelma F. O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1897, with
comments on species in related genera (Araneae:
Theraphosidae)
Ray Gabriel
This one I have read and just forget to change the name. I only just stopped calling them Cyclosternum :rofl:
They change already. I will try to remember next time. I promise. :rolleyes::D

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice haul pal that Aphonopelma sp malinche or seretum as I think it's now known is one of my favourite species period.
I raised 1 from a 1cm sling to a mature male that passed late last year. They have a fantastic feeding response and mine a little bit of attitude

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Nice haul pal that Aphonopelma sp malinche or seretum as I think it's now known is one of my favourite species period.
I raised 1 from a 1cm sling to a mature male that passed late last year. They have a fantastic feeding response and mine a little bit of attitude
Yeah they are usually classed as serratum or anitahoffmannae. Gorgeous Ts. Thats the main reason their post caught my attention. Been wanting one for years :)

This one is docile as anything

I have G. anthracina but just doesnt do the justice compaired to serratum. Still a bold and beautiful T.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah they are usually classed as serratum or anitahoffmannae. Gorgeous Ts. Thats the main reason their post caught my attention. Been wanting one for years :)

This one is docile as anything

I have G. anthracina but just doesnt do the justice compaired to serratum. Still a bold and beautiful T.
That's true the red really pops on the seretum compared to the more subtle anthracina although I do love the purple hue that you get on the anthracina. They are definitely 2 species that should be more readily available to hobbyists

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I like that D. fasciatus!
Isnt she beautiful. Midnight purple :embarrassed:

My last one was really dark but had nicer pattern on the adbomen. This girl is a beauty for real though.

I remember they used to be so common in UK years ago. Kinda disappeared for a few years and now have become more available :D

Really great affordable T.

Last edited: