Yet another, do I leave it alone thread. Hopefully about to molt?

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Our juvie G. pulchripes has been in in this corner for pretty much 3-4 days, and now really laying on its side. Guessing this is not a death curl. Its been eating just fine. Offered it a cricket yesterday and nada. So I pulled it after about 5 mins. Hoping its about to molt.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Yeah it got a little rough looking almost overnight. Thank you for the reply. Maybe ill catch it mid molt when I get home.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
It knows what it's doing.

That should be stickied at the top of all the Tarantula subforums.

PS: what kind of camera do you have?
I'm using my phone. Cant find the charger to our camera. Mytouch 3g slide. I can get pretty decent pics out of it.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just keep an eye out for the molt mat. i don't see one yet, but they do it pretty quickly. as stated previously, it knows what it's doing.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Just keep an eye out for the molt mat. i don't see one yet, but they do it pretty quickly. as stated previously, it knows what it's doing.
Will do. It was in the same spot all night, and this morning moved to the other side but more vertical.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Not posting a new thread, but this guys walking in circles and keeps kind of going toward the top and then keeps walking again. Can an enclosure be too short for a T to flip and molt?

On a positive our A. minatrix and B. emilia molted.

Yes, thats a dead dubia in the minatrix pic i need to pull out.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the walking around sounds like it's making it's trigger lines so that it can molt. grammy''s and brachy's seem to be slow molters. aphonopelma's as well.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Finally got it done for the new year. Thanks guys.

before

now.

versi decided to also:D

JuGGaL0K0W

Arachnopeon
the walking around sounds like it's making it's trigger lines so that it can molt. grammy''s and brachy's seem to be slow molters. aphonopelma's as well.

how slow do the Aphonopelma's molt i have had one in pre molt since dec 15.. hasnt eaten and just sits there waiting..

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
how slow do the Aphonopelma's molt i have had one in pre molt since dec 15.. hasnt eaten and just sits there waiting..
Wow, that's a while. Its too funny, the pulchripes sits in premolt, but our avics seem to get through the whole process overnight out of nowhere. That's probably nothing new to some. Another thing I did, I read another members post, and put all our slings in a ten gal with a water bowl inside and a heat pad under it to keep the humidity up a little.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
depending on which exact species, i can really only comment on the two i have. I've been power feeding them since i got them in march. My Aphonopelma sp "New river rust i got at about a half inch, molted 5 times in my care, but was hatched in 2009. it is now only about 2" and just started showing color My A. Chalcodesi've had just as long, but at about .75" and is now only about 2" but it only molted 3 times since may, and it's last molt was in August. they'll fast for a few weeks at a time IME.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have had an A. hentzi sling that has fasted for 3 months. It had also burrowed down and was completely hidden for that time as well. Tarantulas can go for quite awhile without food, so do not worry over the amount of time that has passed so far. Keep water available and wait, it knows what it is doing.