Yet another death

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Damn it. After not checking on my Ts for one day, I find the biggest of my versi slings dead after a molt. The poor thing had water just yesterday but now it looks like its still translucent from molting.

This is my second versi dead after a short time. @Storm76 im keeping them like you do, as shown in your video's, water them every 3 days.

This was the biggest one and was always the best eater of the 5. First death which came as an absolute shock.

3 versi's left out of five.

20161022_013708.jpg 20161022_013629.jpg

Im so sorry little one.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
3/5 isn't good, what's going on over there? OR are you aware of others who own sacmates and are reporting the same thing?

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I have no idea honestly.

I had 5 versicolor slings.
1,2 sacmates
3,4,5 sacmates

First death was 2, which was not really a surprise because it was weaker that 1, and molted much later.

5 (one from this topic) came as a total surprise.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It does happen. I only have to remember the unfortunate P. pulcher ordeal I went through...

As for Avics, I've rarely lost a sling, but those I did lose got usually stuck molting or died because something went wrong molting. Don't give up.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
What's the temps and feeding schedule?

I keep mine at 80F and offer food every day or other day depending on how eager they seemed to take the last cricket.. My theory is keep them warm and feed them alot so they are out of the fragile sling stage as quick as possible..

I also keep my young avics very similar to storm but at the size yours looks to be( im guessing 1-1/2in dls) I start keeping them on dryer sub with just a big water dish and the very occasional drop of water on the web to ensure they are drinking..

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
What's the temps and feeding schedule?

I keep mine at 80F and offer food every day or other day depending on how eager they seemed to take the last cricket.. My theory is keep them warm and feed them alot so they are out of the fragile sling stage as quick as possible..

I also keep my young avics very similar to storm but at the size yours looks to be( im guessing 1-1/2in dls) I start keeping them on dryer sub with just a big water dish and the very occasional drop of water on the web to ensure they are drinking..
This one was 4th instar, so quite small still. Temps are consistent 24 celcius

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Temps 24C, water on web every other day, spray the sides every 2~3 days like @Storm76 does. I feed them 3 crickets a week.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Sorry for the losses. I'm sure storm knows what he's doing, but I just figured I'd offer my method on avics, which is pretty commonly used, and I have not lost an avic yet

Dry sub, no misting or spraying, just a big water dish. keep it full at all times. lots of cross ventilation and just a tad bit of ventilation on top to avoid condensation

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
I had Avics die too. But never two of the same species which is odd. Well it happens and it is part of the hobby or more of nature I guess.