Yet another breeding project

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Go big or go home, right? I currently have successfully paired B. emilia, E. truculentus, P. striata, and I'm working on pairing E. sp. "Green". Well, we're adding C. fimbriatus to that list.

My girl just molted three weeks ago, and she's a gorgeous 5" as of now. She's currently eating a gravid roach, because I need to fatten her up as soon as possible. Luckily for me, @YagerManJennsen was kind enough to reach out to me offering a loan of his male C. fimbriatus. He molted back in September, so while he's no spring chicken, I'm sure he'll be fine. I should have him by this coming Wednesday.

As many of you know, my Chilobrachys obsession runs deeps. So I'm extremely excited to get her paired, of course.

The girl in question, soon to be a proud mother:

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Awesome. Might have to pick one of these slings up from you if all goes well! Best of luck, dude!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Well, tonight's the night. He made a sperm web yesterday, so I fed both of them heavily last night. I've boosted the humidity and temperature in the T room all day today, and will continue to do so until the pairing. I caught her tapping at him a couple nights ago, so I think she's ready for this as well. Let's hope @YagerManJennsen raised a brave man.

Here's the male. I likely won't get pictures of the pairing due to their light sensitivity, but we'll see. I'll post an update tonight!
IMG_1438.JPG

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
:banghead:
No dice, but at least he didn't become dinner. Darn near. He was in there for about an hour before he started tapping, and she lunged at him. A flurry of legs later, and he scurried out of the enclosure. We'll try this again next week.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Nice, I haven't seen any of these around.
Unfortunately, the male never even attempted to tap. I tried pairing them about seven times, no dice. I think he was just too old. Luckily, I'm pretty darn certain that my E. truculentus is gravid.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Update on this one.

Had a successful pairing last night. The first few didn't go quite as smoothly. I was actually up late because I was sick, and I finally got to bed at 1AM. An hour later, I hear her tapping. Fine, we're doing it. Here are a few pictures, enjoy.

20161221_005005.jpg ----- 20161221_013859.jpg ----- IMG_1464.JPG ----- IMG_1465.JPG ----- IMG_1466.JPG

I took some video as well, so that will be up shortly (after I edit). Huge thanks to @Blue Jaye, some key advice saved this male.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Good luck man! Looks like you're gonna have your hands full around spring when all those sacs start popping and growing

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Hey let me know how it goes cuz I'll be interested on getting my hands on a few of those slings! ;)

cold blood

Staff member
I knew it had to be coming very soon...and dang! That sac's bigger than she is... @EulersK its like your dog carrying around a basketball.:astonished:

At least you no longer have to worry about her popping.:cigar: