Yesterday marked a great beginning

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
Yesterday, marked a great beginning. It started out by opening my first Christmas card of the year, it came from Tarantula Canada!!! Awesome!!! Thanks guys!!

But also, I now have a pile of slings, hatched in my own T room!!! While the slings aren't T's, they're still 8 legged!! Currently I own many L.hesperus!! Some will be making their way to the royal museum here in Edmonton! image.jpg

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
Yup!!! Just letting the herd thin itself down a bit, then the separating begins!!! Kinda excited, my first try and succeeded!

Spepper

Arachnodemon
I've always wondered... how do you go about separating all those slings? Especially something like L. hesperus? Just out of curiosity, could they bite you like the adults can? Of course I'm not freaked out about the idea of someone actually doing that, I'm just curious. :)

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
I use a paint brush to scoop up the individuals, and a 2nd one to scoop them
Off!!

---------- Post added 12-19-2013 at 12:27 PM ----------

From my understanding, the bite is nothing until a female is matured. The males bite, even matured, is nothing

RzezniksRunAway

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use a paint brush to scoop up the individuals, and a 2nd one to scoop them
Off!!
I wish I would have read this BEFORE I tried to move all of my suspected agelenopsis slings. That would have been a better plan to catch the ones that were escaping. Noted for the next move. =)