Yes!!!! Im hungry even after molting !

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello. I can't watch vids at work... but I was concerned about your title.

I hope you mean "a week or two" after molting... and not RIGHT after molting as their fangs are soft and could break if you feed them.

Blaze

Arachnopeon
careful...she's very fragile after a molt... wait a while before you feed, for the sake of your T

bloodpythonMA

Arachnosquire
Doesn't look hungry...
Looks like he/she wants you to leave him alone and stop harassing him after the molt... :wall::?

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im sorry , It looked like he was trying to get me when I went after the molt , he eats all the time ! He will eat now if i let him but I usually wait a week after a molt! That string calms him down for some reason ? He will attack and grab a paint brush , if he gets in a threat display he won't run after me . One of the legs from the molt broke being stuck in the webbing I couldn't find my tongs either. click the link .

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Doesn't look hungry...
Looks like he/she wants you to leave him alone and stop harassing him after the molt... :wall::?
he eats the molts I wanted it to confirm sex I wasn't bothering him to bad.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

How fresh off a molt was it?

Matt
About a day after his molt maybe closer to two.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Hello. I can't watch vids at work... but I was concerned about your title.

I hope you mean "a week or two" after molting... and not RIGHT after molting as their fangs are soft and could break if you feed them.
kinda joking in the title , I just thought the video would speak for itself, I guess not.

bloodpythonMA

Arachnosquire
I wasn't knocking ya for pulling the molt. What's the deal with harassing it with the string/stick thing? No need. It was retreating when u pulled the molt. All actions afterwards were strictly from you messing with it.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A spider of that size should go two weeks after molting before you even think of feeding it. This gets into a difference between captive pets and natural instinct. In nature, this T would still be completely sealed within its burrow where no prey can get near him. In captivity, that whole box is basically the burrow and there is no way for the T to prevent you from tossing food in there. Just because you were able to trigger its predatory instinct doesn't mean the thing was really ready to eat.

Premature feeding after a molt can cause all sorts of injury, including damage to the fangs that can result in death by starvation. Don't assume the animals instincts will protect it when it has been raised/kept in such unnatural conditions.

bloodpythonMA

Arachnosquire
Well, it's become more and more apparent that no one except me has actually watched the video and are following this purely from the title. And probably havnt read any of the other responses.

Aside from that, gorgeous T. Just give it some time to settle in and I look forward to seeing some more pics of it :)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was going to ask why the video is no longer there but nevermind... :eek: