yes, i am still alive. need some suggestions!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it has been a while guys. my youtube videos continue to get hits. i still read up on scorpions in my spare time (what little i have), but as I mentioned before my absence, I am currently attending law school, specializing in international law, and it is not cheap to say the least. for the first time in 14+ years I have no inverts in my house.

this first year of law school was hell, the most work i have ever had to put in to any one thing. the good news is i have made many more international connections, and (hopefully) will be able to go to some international rep/invert conventions this summer.

i had to sell every specimen/pet i owned to afford this first year. but ultimately i think it is worth it. my new "hobby" is going to be focusing on the hobby of arachnoculture as a whole. i've got a nice video camera and enough money saved up to visit a bunch of conventions or breeding facilities or natural locales. the goal ultimately being to shine a positive light on our either legged friends. i still cant believe i free handled A. androctonus, in some of my pics and videos... that probably will not be repeated.

if i missed a message from you, or did not respond, it was nothing personal. in early may i should be back %100 as far as information giving goes.

right now i'm trying to take a survey of who is still here that remembers me, and what they would like to see me try and get on camera. right now im really considering a month long trip to brazil to try and film scorpions in their natural habitats, and attend the hamm convention over the summer. any suggestions are welcome.

feels good to post on here again. i see a lot of new faces. hopefully some of the old posters are still around. :D

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good to see you back. It's good to see things are working out for you. I couldn't imagine a month in Brazil. I'd consider Costa Rica as well if it were me, or Australia, or Panama, or South Africa, or......... Good grief enjoy yourself.

John

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, i lived in Panama for 5 years and speak pretty good spanish (worthless in Brazil though!), but i have been fortunate to meet people over the last 9 months from all over the world who, although they might not know everything about the scorps in their area of the world, know the language and the country. so we will see.

my first goal is to film a few things in the USA. then branch out from there. from experience, as soon as you go overseas things get 10x more complicated. but that wont stop me if the opportunity presents itself. there are a ton of species i want to check out in mexico, but due to the current drug war, and from reports from friends i know that live there, that is sort of off the list for now.

the most likely list goes: USA, Hamm convention, Asia, Brazil, Panama, Israel. We shall see. Need to do some test runs here in the US before I go overseas though I think. Hopefully it will emerge as one DVD or a series of DVDs documenting the study of scorpions worldwide.

Last edited:

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The great grizzly is back! welcome back my old friend! anyway count me in I will help you out with your documentation just let me know in advance.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey, look who's back! :D

If I didn't know any better, I would have classified you as a manic depressive person. You have short periods of incredibly busy periods on the net, with a bazillion post, vids, pics, tons of ideas etc etc, and then all of the sudden...poof...and gone is Tabor, and then in a few months, back again with vids, pics, initiatives etc etc to dissapear again after a couple of months...

But besides that observation, How are you doing Tabor? :D

Cheers, Michiel

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I believe you are contractually obliged to attend ArachnoCon North on June 25-27th in Toronto. It was in the fine print when you signed up for this account.

Cheers,
Dave

Cowin8579

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I remember you, and have watched all your videos.. but you don't know me. Welcome back! Good luck on your adventure. :) Hopefully the place you visit isn't sketchy.

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I remember you, and have watched all your videos.. but you don't know me.
Sounds like a creepy guy outside your bedroom window.{D

Anyways it is good to see that you will be back, and I think that your idea sounds good and it will definitely benefit the hobby. I look forward to seeing this project unfold.:clap:

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
:worship: Welcome back Tabor we missed you but glad to hear everything is going well in Law school.

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yay!! Welcome back!

Do you have links? I've watched a lot of videos, but never really know if they are from someone on here!!

Best of luck on your trip and stay safe!!!

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sup bro, good to have you back. Do not discount the ability of spanish/portuguese understanding they are really close so you would do better than you expect (I have some Hash House Harrier friends in Brazil). Welcome back again, good luck (as if that has anything to do with it) in school.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you have links? I've watched a lot of videos, but never really know if they are from someone on here!!
They should be linked to in my profile. I might need to update the link though.

I believe you are contractually obliged to attend ArachnoCon North on June 25-27th in Toronto. It was in the fine print when you signed up for this account.

Cheers,
Dave
oh sweet, arachnocon is back on. i will definitely look into it. :clap:

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm watching some of your videos now. I like them. They're educational and your a pretty good speaker and for some reason humorous at times. I approve, sir!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes! No! Sort of! Arachnocon North. www.arachnocon.ca

Cheers,
Dave
Never been to Canada, but my "main" professor in law school is from there. Could you perhaps give me a link to the thread about it, i can't seem to find it. I hope it's in Toronto. Long live Kenny vs. Spenny and Trailer Park Boys...

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
There are threads in the Canadian section as well as the ArachnoCon section .. but the link to details is right there. www.arachnocon.ca

Cheers,
Dave

TheScorpionLord

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dude thatll be awesome! totally jealous but you take care of yourself out there man.
Make them a series man get them in variety in different enviorments or areas of the Earth.

-Tim

well, i lived in Panama for 5 years and speak pretty good spanish (worthless in Brazil though!), but i have been fortunate to meet people over the last 9 months from all over the world who, although they might not know everything about the scorps in their area of the world, know the language and the country. so we will see.

my first goal is to film a few things in the USA. then branch out from there. from experience, as soon as you go overseas things get 10x more complicated. but that wont stop me if the opportunity presents itself. there are a ton of species i want to check out in mexico, but due to the current drug war, and from reports from friends i know that live there, that is sort of off the list for now.

the most likely list goes: USA, Hamm convention, Asia, Brazil, Panama, Israel. We shall see. Need to do some test runs here in the US before I go overseas though I think. Hopefully it will emerge as one DVD or a series of DVDs documenting the study of scorpions worldwide.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey! I remember you! Welcome back and glad your first year of law school went well!