YES! Getting my P. Murinus today!!!

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello all,

I'm fairly new to this forum, but I am absolutely thrilled. I recently purchased an adolescent Hysterocrates Gigas (my first T since my T. Blondi 5 or so years ago), and now I get to own my other dream T, the Usambara Orange Baboon, I am SO HAPPY. I am going down to my shop this evening and picking it up, sadly it's only 2.5 inches or so, so no positive sexing yet (though they may give it another shot when I get there).

I am more than likely going to keep it in a large critter keeper or a 10 gallon with a few inches of eco-earth.

Any input from (soon-to-be) fellow P. Murinus owners? In terms of moisture I know they prefer it on the dry side, which is a nice change from my Cameroon, and they also don't tend to burrow so deep and reclusively. Thanks for any potenrial info guys.

Cheers.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
good luck with it i think they are tops in a bad way but fun to keep just ask as some one will know or help you if they can

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Personally, I think a 10 gallon is way too big for 1 P. murinus. Good luck with the little guy!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree 10 gallon is to big...... they just pic a corner to settle down anyway. Most of that space is going to be wasted and its just more space for the food items to hide.

They are fun though I love mine. Semi aggressive, eat a lot, web tons.

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For maximum fun...shake the container before you take him out to house him.

;)

I love P. murinus. Congrats! I want a few more.

~Fred

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Change of plans, turns out I don't have a spare 10 gallon anymore, so I think I'll go with a small 5 gallon-ish critter keeper thingy.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Change of plans, turns out I don't have a spare 10 gallon anymore, so I think I'll go with a small 5 gallon-ish critter keeper thingy.
That should be plenty.
Do not be surprised if it webs the entire thing.
They are GREAT spiders all baboons are very pretty IMO.

respect and enjoy.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That should be plenty.
Do not be surprised if it webs the entire thing.
They are GREAT spiders all baboons are very pretty IMO.

respect and enjoy.
Thanks! Yea, that's one of the main reasons I'm so excited, I absolutely love the webbing tendencies, so radical.

adbdasT

Arachnopeon
new owner of a murinus as well. i actually took a 10 gallon tank and split it into two halves. The other side houses a sling P. Ornata. honestly the murinus is beautiful, but pretty boring. it won't feed?!?!

i wonder if its because of the humidity? They're very hardy spiders, but is 78-80% too much?

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Punctuate godammit, punctuate. Tops?
i have to laugh you welcome some one on the boards and they go on about punctuate well i did not notice you picking up on any other replies if you think my ones bad try looking at some other so all i will say is go punctuate your self ********

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I believe phil jones meant "they are tops", it's UK slang, meaning they are great, top of the line, etc.

Now everybody back to your corners and leave the nastiness to P. murinus. :)

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, I was just busting Phil's chops, no hard feelings. And yea, this thing is nast, and a beautiful webber.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since I already have a P cambridgei I think my next one also is going to be Psalmopoeus irminia and by this time I should my 10 ten gallon tank with a divider So I put my Psalmopoeus' both on one end of the tank and maybe in the middle pu put my curly hair or costarican tiger rump.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i love my p - murinus to every night i hug it kiss it and tuck it in its web now what did my psychiatrist say i know keep taking the tablets -- LOL LOL