yes finally

jimip

Arachnosquire
so i woke up today to find my p. mirinus on its back. i hope its not dead. which it really looks.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is most likely molting. dont disturb it.....

jimip

Arachnosquire
i know. i usualy dont catch them this early... and i have to work. he hasnt even popped his carapace

webbedone

Arachnobaron
watching a molt is like watching an 8 hour movie and having to go to the bathroom takes forever but its the most awsome thing you've seen

jimip

Arachnosquire
still hasnt popped his carapace....he looks so dead... but my roomates said he was working his legs a bit. im going to bump the humidity. see if that helps

DJEggy

Arachnopeon
Good idea, I always do the same thing when my T's are about to molt, just to give them the best chance at getting out cleanly. :)

jimip

Arachnosquire
i used my exo terra fogger. jsut open the top lightly let the fog mist the container. then close it up and put in a dark spot.. ill check him in a while. right now its feeding time at the zoo.

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If its on its back it not dead unless its got a death curl going for it.. Its in the process of molting which is exciting but could leave you waiting impatiently. Don't disturb it in any way.

jimip

Arachnosquire
its not.... but i gess its not dead till it stinks....
this kinda sucks....:(

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Leave it alone it knows what it is doing.

just leave it be you do not need to do anything unless it gets stuck or something. Which you wont be able to tell until the 36-48hour mark IMO

There will be long periods where it will not be moving so don't worry if you see a whole lot of nothing.

Don't move it
Don't poke it
Don't water it
Don't spray it.

Just leave it alone.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry, I have not ever found a tarantula dead on its back before. Just let it be and check back in a day or so.

jimip

Arachnosquire
i know i just am overly protective of all my pets... and friends.... and family.... its jsut who i am

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So....I take it it molted? Everything work out fine?

jimip

Arachnosquire
no i havent been home much. lately but when i left it at 3 it was still on its back

jimip

Arachnosquire
so its been 2 days now and i must admit im a little discouraged. its still there motionless. did it get stuck? or maybe rolled over in its death curl?