Yes! Finally found some!

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I posted this on APR too lol. I'm just excited, I've finally found some local (backyard) Parcoblatta pennsylvanica cockroaches. These guys are supposed to live on/in old bits of wood and under bark etc...guess where I found them? Under scrap steel siding from my barn! I was out for about 2 hours digging open stumps and logs in the woods because it's about 54ºF today. I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a shot...although I've never had any luck before. I was about to give up and passed by the siding pile and thought, eh, maybe I'll find some spiders or something. I lift up the first sheet...nothing, second sheet...small spiders and a few ants, third sheet...almost two dozen roaches scurrying away! I was completely taken off guard and clamored for my tube. I picked it up again and grabbed as many as I could before they vanished in the grass. I'm very pleased about this, I've been looking for these guys for a pretty long time. Okay so I'm not 100% certain these are P.pennsylvanica yet but they are certainly a good candidate considering I live near the woods and have never seen a American cockroach (too big to be Germans) in any home in my neighborhood.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice catch! There are hundreds by me in a wooded area and at night the males fly near the street lights in Summer. They are fast! I never saw an adult female, but I frequently find oothecae.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice catch! There are hundreds by me in a wooded area and at night the males fly near the street lights in Summer. They are fast! I never saw an adult female, but I frequently find oothecae.
I've been searching for these guys since last year without any luck. I can't believe I found so many so close to my house. I am going to attempt to get a culture started on these guys, they remind me of Blatta lateralis honestly...and I love those little devils. :p

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
only roaches i find around here are germans and the occasional oriental

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They remind me of B. lats too.
What will you use the culture for?
Once they mature and I'm 100% sure they are P.pennsylvanica I plan on doing some basic observations on behavior, gestation, birth and mortality rates along with lifespan. I feel like the single paragraph on these guys doesn't really do them justice so I'm hoping to add to the general knowledge of such an interesting native and non-pest, non glass climbing species.